Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > Which track is right for me?

Which track is right for me?

Dave Marden

I have been working with Computers every since the days of the TRS-80,
and have gone through the ranks (ie. DOS, 3.1, 95, 98, ME (worst ever,
lol), 2000, XP, and 2003 Server), so I feel that I am very proficient with
operating systems. I have also done quite a bit of programming with Basic,
Visual Basic, and Visual Basic for Applications (mostly in excel).

I do not intend to ever really get a job which would require the use of
any of the above, however maybe I would be interested in building
applications, or setting up local businesses with networking, and server
solutions.

My question is do you think I would be better off working towards my
MCSE or MCSD (visual basic track)? I would think that I could probably pass
1 or 2 of the tests without alot of trouble. I also know however, that no
matter which way I would go would certainly require some time and effort.

Any Suggestions Welcome,
Dave Marden

Dandy Weyn

Why don't you go for MCSE with development exams as electives which gives
you the possibility to get you additionaly the MCSD certification

--
Regards,

Dandy Weyn
MCSE, MCSA, MCDBA, MCT

www.dandyman.net
"Dave Marden" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have been working with Computers every since the days of the TRS-80,
> and have gone through the ranks (ie. DOS, 3.1, 95, 98, ME (worst ever,
> lol), 2000, XP, and 2003 Server), so I feel that I am very proficient with
> operating systems. I have also done quite a bit of programming with

Basic,
> Visual Basic, and Visual Basic for Applications (mostly in excel).
>
> I do not intend to ever really get a job which would require the use

of
> any of the above, however maybe I would be interested in building
> applications, or setting up local businesses with networking, and server
> solutions.
>
> My question is do you think I would be better off working towards my
> MCSE or MCSD (visual basic track)? I would think that I could probably

pass
> 1 or 2 of the tests without alot of trouble. I also know however, that no
> matter which way I would go would certainly require some time and effort.
>
> Any Suggestions Welcome,
> Dave Marden

Dave Marden

Probably not a bad idea, how hard is it usually for someone with my
credentials to get to the cert level (ie. MCSE, or MCSD)?

Just an idea or guess would be great,
Dave Marden

"Dandy Weyn" <mct@dandyman_nospam.net> wrote in message
news:401442cf$0$772$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Why don't you go for MCSE with development exams as electives which gives
> you the possibility to get you additionaly the MCSD certification
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Dandy Weyn
> MCSE, MCSA, MCDBA, MCT
>
> www.dandyman.net
> "Dave Marden" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I have been working with Computers every since the days of the

TRS-80,
> > and have gone through the ranks (ie. DOS, 3.1, 95, 98, ME (worst ever,
> > lol), 2000, XP, and 2003 Server), so I feel that I am very proficient

with
> > operating systems. I have also done quite a bit of programming with

> Basic,
> > Visual Basic, and Visual Basic for Applications (mostly in excel).
> >
> > I do not intend to ever really get a job which would require the use

> of
> > any of the above, however maybe I would be interested in building
> > applications, or setting up local businesses with networking, and server
> > solutions.
> >
> > My question is do you think I would be better off working towards my
> > MCSE or MCSD (visual basic track)? I would think that I could probably

> pass
> > 1 or 2 of the tests without alot of trouble. I also know however, that

no
> > matter which way I would go would certainly require some time and

effort.

> > Any Suggestions Welcome,
> > Dave Marden

Personally, from what you described, I think you are very
far from ready. You sound like one of those guys
who "thinks" they are ready, but are really so far from
it. For example, you played with Visual Basic, and now
you think you are a programmer, I doubt you could pass any
of the test. Just my opinion.

Dave Marden

I totally agree with you, I am not ready to pass any of the tests, I do
however feel that I could pass I have a good base for learning.

Thanks for the input,
Dave Marden

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:989801c3eb3e$b5bd2f00$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Personally, from what you described, I think you are very
> far from ready. You sound like one of those guys
> who "thinks" they are ready, but are really so far from
> it. For example, you played with Visual Basic, and now
> you think you are a programmer, I doubt you could pass any
> of the test. Just my opinion.

That is a GREAT attitude to have, and I commend you for
that. Good luck, I think you will do fine if you work
hard at it!!!!!!

insert track reference in mp3 track D@Z Computer Support 1 05-02-2008 03:32 PM
Old certification track vs new certification track. Barkley Hughes MCAD 5 11-12-2006 02:41 PM
Am I on the right track? =?Utf-8?B?RGF2ZQ==?= MCSE 3 12-08-2004 04:55 AM
On the right track? =?Utf-8?B?bm9yZWFzdGVy?= MCSE 5 04-12-2004 05:18 PM
Keeping track of which user controls need to be loaded and which not John ASP .Net 0 07-08-2003 09:26 AM

Advertisments