Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > DQueue

DQueue

Daniel Seitz

krish wrote in message <(E-Mail Removed)>. ..
>hello,
>
>i have a doubt .
>
>what is the differnece between dqueue and queue.
>
>what it stands for 'd' in the dqueue.
>
>regards
>krish

std::deque<>, pronounced "deck" stands for double-ended queue. It supports
insertions and both ends (front and back) and random insertion. Prefer it
over std::vector<> when you wish to insert mostly at the beginning and end.
Some would recommend prefering it more, but I'll leave you to research
furthur.

Daniel Seitz

It's very late here, so I apologize if my post was difficult to comprehend.

krish

hello,

i have a doubt .

what is the differnece between dqueue and queue.

what it stands for 'd' in the dqueue.

regards
krish

John Harrison

"krish" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> hello,
>
> i have a doubt .
>
> what is the differnece between dqueue and queue.
>
> what it stands for 'd' in the dqueue.
>
> regards
> krish

What is the context? There is a queue in C++ but there is no dqueue. Perhaps
you could explain a little bit more about where you heard the term dqueue?
It is not a C++ term.

john

krish

Daer "Daniel Seitz"