Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > Using an exam for more than one track?

Using an exam for more than one track?

=?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWQgU3RlaW4=?=

Hello. I've just started studying for certification, and I'm trying to make some plans for which exams to take and which certifications to pursue.

I noticed that many exams overlap. For instance, 70-229 (implementing a SQL server database) is an elective for the MCSE, MCSD, and MCDBA! Now, I know that you can't use one exam to satisfy multiple requirements in one track (e.g., you can't use one exam as both a core exam and an elective exam in the MCSE track.) But can you use an exam to fulfill a requirement in more than one track?

If this is acceptable, then I'm hoping to earn an MCSE, MCSD, and MCDBA with twelve exams instead of sixteen!

Thanks in advance

David Stein, Esq.

Tom Helms [MSFT]

Exams can be used to fulfill requirements in more than one certification

--
Tom Helms [MSFT]

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights."Please
do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup
purposes only."

"David Stein" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello. I've just started studying for certification, and I'm trying to
> make some plans for which exams to take and which certifications to
> pursue.
>
> I noticed that many exams overlap. For instance, 70-229 (implementing a
> SQL server database) is an elective for the MCSE, MCSD, and MCDBA! Now, I
> know that you can't use one exam to satisfy multiple requirements in one
> track (e.g., you can't use one exam as both a core exam and an elective
> exam in the MCSE track.) But can you use an exam to fulfill a requirement
> in more than one track?
>
> If this is acceptable, then I'm hoping to earn an MCSE, MCSD, and MCDBA
> with twelve exams instead of sixteen!
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> David Stein, Esq.

Joe

Yes you can I have on many occasions.

Joe
MCSE:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCSE+I