Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Test routines

Test routines

JB

I am trying to benchmark SunWorkStop compilers with GCC 3.33. Can anyone
provide ready made and appropriate C++ routines that I may compile and test?
I was told that gcc 3.33 could compare to or best native compilers on
the Solaris/Sparc platform for generated code runtime efficiency.

Thank you.

Scott Howard

In comp.unix.solaris JB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I am trying to benchmark SunWorkStop compilers with GCC 3.33. Can anyone
> provide ready made and appropriate C++ routines that I may compile and test?
> I was told that gcc 3.33 could compare to or best native compilers on
> the Solaris/Sparc platform for generated code runtime efficiency.

Not even close. Exact numbers will vary depending on exactly what you're
doing, but generally the Sun C compilers produce code which is around
10-15% faster than GCC.

Scott.