Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Looking for a comm prog

Looking for a comm prog

Ky Nguyen

Hi all,

I would like to obtain a piece of codes (a full version or just an
example) dealing with asynchronous communication via COM: serial port. I
dont mind whether it is window-based or console-based.

If someone knows a good source that documents how to establish, send,
and receive via serial port, please direct me there.

Thanks in advance.

Peter van Merkerk

"Ky Nguyen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all,
>
> I would like to obtain a piece of codes (a full version or just an
> example) dealing with asynchronous communication via COM: serial port.

> dont mind whether it is window-based or console-based.
>
> If someone knows a good source that documents how to establish, send,
> and receive via serial port, please direct me there.

You are more likely to find such codes if you post your question to a
newsgroup dedicated to the OS and/or development tool you are using.
Standard C++ does not provide means to deal with COM ports, you will
need platform specific functions for that. More appropriate newsgroups
can be found here:
http://home.wanadoo.nl/efx/c++-faq/h...t.html#faq-5.9

--
Peter van Merkerk
peter.van.merkerk(at)dse.nl

Starting and stopping a prog. from another prog. andoni.oconchubhair@ie.fid-intl.com Java 1 10-22-2006 10:43 PM
Looking for a prog to schedule recording in AAC format Mark Computer Support 0 08-24-2006 11:15 AM
Comm server recommendation Rob Cisco 3 04-30-2004 11:37 PM
comm -3 Like Function? Larry Perl 0 12-31-2003 05:17 PM
Help needed looking for a TO DO prog Polite Computer Support 8 10-08-2003 12:00 PM

Advertisments