Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > Study Guide Tips

Study Guide Tips

Skippy

Just a quick thought to pass on for those who are going
through certification studying. I'm currently in a boot
camp(mcseclasses.com) I've already passed my 70-210, and
going for my 70-215 today. I recommend TestKing study
guides. They have really helped, but go through it like
this. First go through read question, answer, explanation.
Then re-read through twice and test yourself, you'll find
key phrase and words in there. You've gotta go through it
twice! It really helps! Remember it's not the end of the
world if you don't pass. Keep at it untill you get it!

Skippy

zeus

Wow ... really helpful ..huh?? But you never mentioned about using the actual product or doing the actual coding ... If you tried to pass like that, you will get paper certificate. It is not only worthless for you but also degrade all the other certificate holders as well..

Skippy wrote: Just a quick thought to pass on for those who are going
through certification studying. I'm currently in a boot
camp(mcseclasses.com) I've already passed my 70-210, and
going for my 70-215 today. I recommend TestKing study
guides. They have really helped, but go through it like
this. First go through read question, answer, explanation.
Then re-read through twice and test yourself, you'll find
key phrase and words in there. You've gotta go through it
twice! It really helps! Remember it's not the end of the
world if you don't pass. Keep at it untill you get it!

Skippy

Lorne Smith

So, you're at a bootcamp and STILL need to cheat with braindumps... Man you
must be a LOUSY coder

"Skippy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:096f01c3d6b9$4c919910$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Just a quick thought to pass on for those who are going
> through certification studying. I'm currently in a boot
> camp(mcseclasses.com) I've already passed my 70-210, and
> going for my 70-215 today. I recommend TestKing study
> guides. They have really helped, but go through it like
> this. First go through read question, answer, explanation.
> Then re-read through twice and test yourself, you'll find
> key phrase and words in there. You've gotta go through it
> twice! It really helps! Remember it's not the end of the
> world if you don't pass. Keep at it untill you get it!
>
> Skippy

Infidel

Do we have any intelligent non opinionated suggestions on
what materials are not considered "cheating" for those who
are seriously pursuing an IT certification? And is it at
all permissible for the student to study "test questions"
of any variety, from any vendor in order to prepare for
the same?Anybody got any bitchs or complaints about video
tutorials authored by certain IT pros who have forgotten
more about IT than all of the local Lavender mafia
combined will ever figure out?Will the same phlaming
Lavender Mafia ever administer their Sodomite blessing on
the same?Or has this message board been
converted/perverted to an outlet for expression of
frustration of those Lavender IT professionals who can't
afford to take up residency in a Civil Union recognizing
state any time soon?

Lorne Smith

Hey, he's the one saying he's at a bootcamp and recommends TestKing... These
are well known braindumps, which are both illegal and most definately
cheating...

"Infidel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:090601c3db2b$124ed9e0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Do we have any intelligent non opinionated suggestions on
> what materials are not considered "cheating" for those who
> are seriously pursuing an IT certification? And is it at
> all permissible for the student to study "test questions"
> of any variety, from any vendor in order to prepare for
> the same?Anybody got any bitchs or complaints about video
> tutorials authored by certain IT pros who have forgotten
> more about IT than all of the local Lavender mafia
> combined will ever figure out?Will the same phlaming
> Lavender Mafia ever administer their Sodomite blessing on
> the same?Or has this message board been
> converted/perverted to an outlet for expression of
> frustration of those Lavender IT professionals who can't
> afford to take up residency in a Civil Union recognizing
> state any time soon?

Infidel

That's good to know."Bootcamp's" and "testking" are
both "illegal",so sayeth "_________"?
WTF is legal?.....That was the question....You missed it.

wrote in message
>news:090601c3db2b$124ed9e0$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Do we have any intelligent non opinionated suggestions

on
>> what materials are not considered "cheating" for those

who
>> are seriously pursuing an IT certification? And is it at
>> all permissible for the student to study "test

questions"
>> of any variety, from any vendor in order to prepare for
>> the same?Anybody got any bitchs or complaints about

video
>> tutorials authored by certain IT pros who have forgotten
>> more about IT than all of the local Lavender mafia
>> combined will ever figure out?Will the same phlaming
>> Lavender Mafia ever administer their Sodomite blessing

on
>> the same?Or has this message board been
>> converted/perverted to an outlet for expression of
>> frustration of those Lavender IT professionals who can't
>> afford to take up residency in a Civil Union recognizing
>> state any time soon?

Larry Samuels

Hi Infidel,

There is no easy answer to your question since many of these companies
change identities as often as normal people change their underwear.

A quick way to spot such companies is to look at their ads and guarantees.
If they advertise a 100% pass rate or guarantee you to pass the exam, you
can bet they are using braindump questions.

For practice tests Microsoft recommends:
MeasureUp
http://www.measureup.com/site/vendor...osoft&crttrk=1
and Self Test Software
http://www.selftestsoftware.com/dept.asp?dept%5Fid=1000
I recommend Transcender as well.
http://www.transcender.com/
They are very comprehensive.
If you can pass the Transcender practice test, you can pass the real thing.

I would recommend the MS Press Self Paced Training Kits, supplemented by the
Sybex books and the resource kit to prepare for the exam.
For complete preparation tips, go to
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...re/default.asp

Bootcamps are not a bad thing if used as they were designed.
They were never meant as training for newbies.
Bootcamps were originally designed to allow IT pros who would not normally
take time out of their busy schedules to study to saturate themselves in the
material before taking the exams to upgrade their certs.

Associate Expert
Unofficial FAQ for Windows Server 2003 at
"Infidel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:09c001c3db66$4dca0c20$(E-Mail Removed)...

> That's good to know."Bootcamp's" and "testking" are
> both "illegal",so sayeth "_________"?
> WTF is legal?.....That was the question....You missed it.

Lorne Smith

Well... actually, I answered it too, but on re-reading it I could have been
clearer... The OP is on a bootcamp, these are not themselves illegal but
are merely an intensive training course. The OP is using TestKing prep
tests, these ARE illegal as they are dumps of the actual questions found in
the exam. When I said both are illegal, what I meant was that TestKing is
both illegal and cheating, not that bootcamps are illegal. Guess my
phrasing could have been clearer

If MS catch you using braindumps to pass the exam, they will take away ALL
the MS certs you may have and will disqualify you from ever taking another
MS exam. Odds are if MS ban you for cheating, you may end up getting banned
from other certs too... Besides, cheating devalues the certs AND if you get
a job after cheating on the exam, odds are you won't have the job long as it
won't take long to find out if you really know your stuff or not...

Lorne

"Infidel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:09c001c3db66$4dca0c20$(E-Mail Removed)...

> That's good to know."Bootcamp's" and "testking" are
> both "illegal",so sayeth "_________"?
> WTF is legal?.....That was the question....You missed it.

Dave

Your right, Measue Up, Self Test and Trancender are the only way to go.
I have passed a couple of exams using the Trancender and knowing the why
to the right and wrong answer from these company's test/study guides will
help you pass the test every time. Study the books and doing Lab's in the
book
And when you get your MCSA/MCSE you know you did it the right way and you'll
feel better for it.

"Larry Samuels" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Infidel,
>
> There is no easy answer to your question since many of these companies
> change identities as often as normal people change their underwear.
>
> A quick way to spot such companies is to look at their ads and guarantees.
> If they advertise a 100% pass rate or guarantee you to pass the exam, you
> can bet they are using braindump questions.
>
> For practice tests Microsoft recommends:
> MeasureUp
> http://www.measureup.com/site/vendor...osoft&crttrk=1
> and Self Test Software
> http://www.selftestsoftware.com/dept.asp?dept%5Fid=1000
> I recommend Transcender as well.
> http://www.transcender.com/
> They are very comprehensive.
> If you can pass the Transcender practice test, you can pass the real

thing.

> I would recommend the MS Press Self Paced Training Kits, supplemented by

the
> Sybex books and the resource kit to prepare for the exam.
> For complete preparation tips, go to
> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...re/default.asp
>
> Bootcamps are not a bad thing if used as they were designed.
> They were never meant as training for newbies.
> Bootcamps were originally designed to allow IT pros who would not normally
> take time out of their busy schedules to study to saturate themselves in

the
> material before taking the exams to upgrade their certs.
>
> --
> Larry Samuels MS-MVP (Windows-Shell/User)
> Associate Expert
> http://home.earthlink.net/~larrysamuels/WS2003FAQ.htm
> "Infidel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:09c001c3db66$4dca0c20$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > That's good to know."Bootcamp's" and "testking" are
> > both "illegal",so sayeth "_________"?
> > WTF is legal?.....That was the question....You missed it.

=?Utf-8?B?UGlzc2Vy?=

Then why the hell doesn't Microsoft shut down these sights 'Testking' these damn idiots are making our hard earned certifications useless