Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > Microsoft Official Curriculum

Microsoft Official Curriculum

Matthew Hawkins

Hi

I live in Australia and I am wanting to know if I can buy the Microsoft
Official Curriculum straight from Microsoft Australia for my personal use so
I can do abit of self-study before I do the course

And can any body please tell me what Training Kit / Book has information on
Course 2151 Microsoft Windows 2000 Operating System & Networking Essentails.
I have seen the Exam Guide for this book but don't want the exam book I want
a book that teaches you about Course 2151.

Matthew

AKAChicago

IMHO MS curriculum is not the best of self training books. I have used them
in the past have there is a definate disconnect between the exam and the
material present. This in not to say hat other vendors do not miss the point
at points though. Sybex books are popular for study materials. Trail
software can be downloaded from the MS website. If this is not an option,
then the MS books are great since most of the time they contain trial
software on CD.

As far as the tests are concerned, one book will not make the bank anyways.
You will need to go to the MS website and find te requirements for the exam.
There will be an outline provided. Work from that outline to ensure that you
have all subject material covered. There is also Technet available online
from MS which has the resource manuals availabe for the software.
"Matthew Hawkins" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
>
> I live in Australia and I am wanting to know if I can buy the Microsoft
> Official Curriculum straight from Microsoft Australia for my personal use

so
> I can do abit of self-study before I do the course
>
> And can any body please tell me what Training Kit / Book has information

on
> Course 2151 Microsoft Windows 2000 Operating System & Networking

Essentails.
> I have seen the Exam Guide for this book but don't want the exam book I

want
> a book that teaches you about Course 2151.
>
> Matthew

ulhas

Microsoft having there own MOC the course 2151.you can
contact on mail http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed).

Jeanie Decker \(MS\)

Hi Matthew,

Only authorized training providers can purchase MOC kits directly. MOC isn't
written for self-study; it's intended to be facilitated by an instructor in
a classroom where you can work with the product hands-on. (That's not to say
that you can't learn from it without an instructor, only that you need to
understand that it isn't a self-study product.)

Course 2151 (combined with other courses) helps prepare you for Exams
70-210/215/216. The corresponding Training Kit is MCSE Self-Paced Training
Kit: Microsoft® Windows® 2000 Core Requirements, Second Edition, Exams
70-210, 70-215, 70-216, 70-217
(http://www.microsoft.com/mspress/books/6119.asp)

--
Jeanie Decker
Microsoft Learning

"Matthew Hawkins" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
>
> I live in Australia and I am wanting to know if I can buy the Microsoft
> Official Curriculum straight from Microsoft Australia for my personal use

so
> I can do abit of self-study before I do the course
>
> And can any body please tell me what Training Kit / Book has information

on
> Course 2151 Microsoft Windows 2000 Operating System & Networking

Essentails.
> I have seen the Exam Guide for this book but don't want the exam book I

want
> a book that teaches you about Course 2151.
>
> Matthew

Franco Figún

MCAD
*********************
70-305 - Developing and Implementing Web Applications with Microsoft Visual
Basic .NET and Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
70-306 - Developing and Implementing Windows-based Applications with
Microsoft Visual Basic .NET and Microsoft Visual Studio .NET

70-310 - Developing XML Web Services and Server Components with Microsoft
Visual Basic .NET and the Microsoft .NET Framework
70-229 - Designing and Implementing Databases with Microsoft SQL Server
2000, Enterprise Edition

Examenes para C SHARP

70-315 - Developing and Implementing Web Applications with C# and Microsoft
Visual Studio .NET
Or
70-316 - Developing and Implementing Windows-based Applications with C# and
Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
70-320 - Developing XML Web Services and Server Components with Microsoft
Visual C# and the Microsoft .NET Framework
*********************
MCSD.NET
*********************
Todos obligatorios
70-305 - Developing and Implementing Web Applications with Microsoft Visual
Basic .NET and Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
70-306 - Developing and Implementing Windows-based Applications with
Microsoft Visual Basic .NET and Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
70-310 - Developing XML Web Services and Server Components with Microsoft
Visual Basic .NET and the Microsoft .NET Framework
70-300 - Analyzing Requirements and Defining .NET Solution Architectures
(February 2003)
70-229 - Designing and Implementing Databases with Microsoft SQL Server
2000, Enterprise Edition
70-315 - Developing and Implementing Web Applications with C# and Microsoft
Visual Studio .NET
70-316 - Developing and Implementing Windows-based Applications with C# and
Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
70-320 - Developing XML Web Services and Server Components with Microsoft
Visual C# and the Microsoft .NET Framework
---------------------
MCAD/MCSD Self-Paced Training Kit: Microsoft .NET Core Requirements, Exams
70-305, 70-315, 70-306, 70-316, 70-310, 70-320, and 70-300
ISBN: 0735619255
---------------------
70-310 - BUILDING XML WEB SERVICES FOR THE MICROSOFT .NET PLATFORM
ISBN 0735614067
---------------------
MCAD/MCSD Training Kit: Developing Web Applications with Microsoft Visual
Basic .NET and Microsoft Visual C# .NET
ISBN: 0735615845
---------------------
MCAD/MCSD C# (r) .NET (tm) Certification All-in-One Exam Guide (Exams
70-315, 70-316, 70-320)
ISBN: 0072224436
---------------------
Microsoft® ASP.NET Step by Step
ISBN 0735612870
---------------------
MICROSOFT ADO.NET
ISBN 844813639X
---------------------
Building Web Solutions with ASP.NET and ADO.NET
ISBN 0735615780
---------------------
Microsoft Visual C# .NET Step by Step with CDROM
ISBN 0735612897
---------------------
Microsoft Visual Basic .NET Step by Step with CDROM
ISBN 0735613745
---------------------
OOP with Microsoft Visual Basic .NET and Microsoft Visual C# .NET Step by
Step
ISBN 0735615683
---------------------
Microsoft Visual Basic .NET Deluxe Learning Edition
ISBN 0735616345
---------------------
Microsoft ASP.Net Programming with Microsoft Visual Basic .Net Delux
Learning Edition
ISBN 0735618143
---------------------
Programming Microsoft SQL Server 2000 with Microsoft Visual Basic .Net with
CDROM
ISBN 0735615357
---------------------
DEVELOPING WINDOWS-BASED APPLICATIONS (MCAD/MCSD 70-306/316)
ISBN 0735615330
---------------------
Web Database Development Step by Step .NET Edition
ISBN 073561637x
*********************
MCDBA SQL Server 2000
*********************
70-228 (Obligatorio - Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft
SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition)
70-229 (Obligatorio - Designing and Implementing Databases with Microsoft
SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition)
70-215 (Obligatorio - Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft
Windows 2000 Server)
70-270: Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft Windows XP
Professional
70-175 (Obligatorio - Este mismo se rinde para MCSD - Designing and
Implementing Distributed Applications with Ms VB 6.0)
70-305 - Developing and Implementing Web Applications with Microsoft Visual
Basic .NET and Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
---------------------
MCDBA SQL SERVER 2000 (70-228 / 70-229)
ISBN 0072131586
---------------------
MCSE WINDOWS 2000 SERVER EXAMEN 70-215
ISBN 8448131584
---------------------
MCSE Training Kit: Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional (Exam 70-270)
ISBN 0735614296
---------------------
MICROSOFT WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL KIT DE RECURSOS
ISBN 8448136136
---------------------
70-175 - Designing and Implementing Distributed Applications with Ms VB 6.0
ISBN 0735608334
*********************
MCSA.NET windows 2003
*********************
70-290: Managing and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment
70-291: Implementing, Managing, and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server
2003 Network Infrastructure
70-270: Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft Windows XP
Professional
70-228: Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2000
Enterprise Edition
CompTIA Exams:
The following third-party certification combinations may substitute for an
MCSA elective as an alternative to the electives listed above:
CompTIA A+ and CompTIA Network+
---------------------
MCSA/MCSE Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-290): Managing and Maintaining a
Microsoft® Windows® Server 2003 Environment
ISBN 0735614377
---------------------
MCSA/MCSE Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-291): Implementing, Managing, and
Maintaining a Microsoft® Windows® Server 2003 Network Infrastructure
ISBN 07356-1439-3
---------------------
MCSE Training Kit: Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional (Exam 70-270)
ISBN 0735614296
---------------------
MCDBA SQL SERVER 2000 (70-228 / 70-229)
ISBN 0072131586
---------------------
Introducing Microsoft Windows Server 2003 (Inglés)
ISBN: 0-7356-1570-5 (Inglés)
---------------------
MICROSOFT WINDOWS SERVER 2003 MANUAL AVANZADO
En Stock. Despacho en 24 horas
ISBN 8441515689
---------------------
Active Directory® Services for Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Technical
Reference (Inglés)
ISBN: 0-7356-1577-2 (Inglés)
ISBN: 84-481-3954-2 (Español)
---------------------
Microsoft® Windows® Server 2003 Deployment Kit (Inglés)
ISBN: 0-7356-1486-5 (Inglés)
ISBN: 84-481-3956-9 (Español)
---------------------
Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Securitiy Administrator's Companion (Inglés)
ISBN: 0-7356-1574-8 (Inglés)
ISBN: 84-481-3957-7 (Español)
---------------------
Microsoft Windows Server 2003 TCP/IP Protocols and Services Technical
Referente
ISBN: 0-7356-1291-9
ISBN: 84-481-3809-7
*********************
MCSE.NET windows 2003
*********************
70-290: Managing and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment
70-291: Implementing, Managing, and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server
2003 Network Infrastructure
70-293: Planning and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network
Infrastructure
70-294: Planning, Implementing, and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server
2003 Active Directory Infrastructure
70-270: Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft Windows XP
Professional
70-297: Designing a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Active Directory and
Network Infrastructure
70-228: Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2000
Enterprise Edition
*********************
MCSD VS 6
*********************
Examen 70-175/70-176 (Obligatorios)
Exam 70-229 (Obligatorio)
Examen 70-100 (Obligatorio)
---------------------
70-176 - DESKTOP APPS FOR VISUAL BASIC 6 MCSD TRAINING KIT
ISBN 073560620X
--------------------
70-175 - Designing and Implementing Distributed Applications with Ms VB 6.0
ISBN 0735608334
---------------------
MCDBA SQL SERVER 2000 (70-228 / 70-229)
ISBN 0072131586
---------------------
ANALYZING REQUIREMENTS & DEFINING SOLUTION ARCHIT MCSD (70-100)
ISBN 0735608547
*********************
MCSA Windows 2000
*********************
70-210 (Obligatorio, este mismo se rinde para MCSE)
70-215 (Obligatorio, este mismo se rinde para MCSE y MCDBA)
70-216 (obligatorio - Implementing & Administering a Microsoft Windows 2000
Network Infraestructure)
70-218 (Obligatorio)
70-228 (Obligatorio, este mismo se rinde para MCSE, MCSD y MCDBA -
Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2000
Enterprise Edition)
---------------------
OBLIGATORIO
MICROSOFT WINDOWS 2000 PROFESSIONAL CURSO MCSE 70-210
ISBN 8448128885
---------------------
70-210 - MCSE WINDOWS 2000 PROFESSIONAL
ISBN 8448131592
---------------------
OBLIGATORIO
70-215 - MCSE WINDOWS 2000 SERVER EXAMEN
ISBN 8448131584
----------------------
OPCIONAL
70-216 - MCSE WINDOWS 2000 NETWORK ADMINISTRATION EXAMEN
ISBN 8448131606
----------------------
OBLIGATORIO
70-218 - Managing a Microsoft Windows 2000 Network Environment (disponible
en enero de 2002)
----------------------
OBLIGATORIO
70-228 - MCSE MS SQL SERVER 2000 ADMINISTRATION
ISBN 0735612501
----------------------
70-275-Installing, Configuring and Administering Microsoft Windows .NET
Server (disponible en 2003)
*********************
Requisitos para la certificación MCSE para Microsoft Windows 2000
*********************
70-210 (Obligatorio)
70-215 (Obligatorio, estos mismos examenes se rinden en MCDBA)
70-216 (Obligatorio)
70-217 (Obligatorio) *
70-220 (Obligatorio)
70-228/70-229 (Obligatorio, estos mismos examenes se rinden en MCDBA y MCSD)
---------------------
OBLIGATORIOS PARA WINDOWS .NET SERVER
70-270 (No obligatorio hasta el 2003)
70-275 (No obligatorio hasta el 2003)
70-276 (No obligatorio hasta el 2003)
70-277 (No obligatorio hasta el 2003)
---------------------
MCSE WINDOWS 2000 PROFESSIONAL EXAMEN 70-210
ISBN 8448131592
----------------------
MICROSOFT WINDOWS 2000 SERVER CURSO MCSE 70-215
ISBN 8448129040
-----------------------
70-218 - Managing a Microsoft Windows 2000 Network Environment (disponible
en enero de 2002)
-----------------------
MCSE WINDOWS 2000 NETWORK ADMINISTRATION EXAMEN 70-216
ISBN 8448131606
----------------------
MICROSOFT WINDOWS 2000 ACTIVE DIRECTORY SERVICES CURS MCSE 70-217
ISBN 8448128893
----------------------
MCSE DESIGNING MICROSOFT WINDOWS 2000 NETWORK SECURITY (70-220)
ISBN 0735613656
----------------------
MCSE MS SQL SERVER 2000 DATABASE AND IMPLEMENTATION (70-229)
ISBN 073561251X
----------------------
MCSE MS EXCHANGE 2000 SERVER ADMINISTRATION (EXAM 70-224)
ISBN 0735612439
----------------------
MCSE MS EXCHANGE 2000 SERVER DESIGN AND DEPLOYMENT (70-225)
ISBN 0735612579
----------------------
ASI ES MICROSOFT EXCHANGE 2000 SERVER EDICION PROFESIONAL
ISBN 8448128605
----------------------
MICROSOFT WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL
ISBN 8448133374
----------------------
MICROSOFT WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL KIT DE RECURSOS
ISBN 8448136136
---------------------
70-276-Implementing and Administering a Microsoft Windows .NET Server
Network Infrastructure (disponible en 2002)
----------------------
COMPTIA
----------------------
FUNDAMENTOS DE REDES PLUS CURSO OFICIAL DE CERTIFICACION MCSE (70-058 y
CompTIA Network+)
ISBN 8448128168
NETWORK+ CERTIFICATION TRAINING KIT (EXAM N10-002)
ISBN 0735614563
SERVER+ CERTIFICATION TRAINING KIT (EXAM SK0-001)
ISBN 0735612722