Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Three's Company Season 6 video problem?

Three's Company Season 6 video problem?

Joey

Has anyone who has watched Three's Company Season 6 noticed 3 very
light green horizontal stripes across the picture in most episodes? If
you have, please post a message.

It's really hard to notice most of the time, so I'm still able to
enjoy watching the episodes, but I've seen it on enough episodes (such
as "A Friend in Need" which I watched last night) to think that I
can't be imagining it and that it's not my equipment. The person I was
watching with did not notice it until I pointed it out.

Assuming somebody else has noticed this, does anyone know what caused
it? Perhaps a transfer error or are the source tapes aging? I'm amazed
I couldn't find a word about this on Google, but maybe "Three's
Company Season 6 stripes" aren't the right words to search on.

Phil R.

On Tue, 09 May 2006 03:53:06 GMT, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)ies (Joey) wrote:

>Has anyone who has watched Three's Company Season 6 noticed 3 very
>light green horizontal stripes across the picture in most episodes? If
>you have, please post a message.
>
>It's really hard to notice most of the time, so I'm still able to
>enjoy watching the episodes, but I've seen it on enough episodes (such
>as "A Friend in Need" which I watched last night) to think that I
>can't be imagining it and that it's not my equipment. The person I was
>watching with did not notice it until I pointed it out.
>
>Assuming somebody else has noticed this, does anyone know what caused
>it? Perhaps a transfer error or are the source tapes aging? I'm amazed
>I couldn't find a word about this on Google, but maybe "Three's
>Company Season 6 stripes" aren't the right words to search on.

Unfortunately, they're on all of the seasons. Looks to be an age
problem. They look to be old video tape wear lines. But I'm no expert.

--Phil