Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Where to get Hi-Res replacement covers?

Where to get Hi-Res replacement covers?

Spinbot

Sorry if this topic has been discussed, however as I just subscibed to this
newgroup, my ISP didn't have much in terms of older postings.

I use to download covers from covers.to, however they have disappeared.
I know of cdcovers.cc , however the quality isn't as good.

Does anyone know if their is a newsgroup or alternate website where we can
swap Hi-Res DVD movie covers?

Thank you for your assistance.

Spinbot

Spinbot

Anyone?

"Spinbot" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Sorry if this topic has been discussed, however as I just subscibed to
> this
> newgroup, my ISP didn't have much in terms of older postings.
>
> I use to download covers from covers.to, however they have disappeared.
> I know of cdcovers.cc , however the quality isn't as good.
>
> Does anyone know if their is a newsgroup or alternate website where we can
> swap Hi-Res DVD movie covers?
>
> Thank you for your assistance.
>
> Spinbot

Joshua Zyber

> "Spinbot" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Sorry if this topic has been discussed, however as I just subscibed
>> to this
>> newgroup, my ISP didn't have much in terms of older postings.
>>
>> I use to download covers from covers.to, however they have
>> disappeared.
>> I know of cdcovers.cc , however the quality isn't as good.
>>
>> Does anyone know if their is a newsgroup or alternate website where
>> we can
>> swap Hi-Res DVD movie covers?
>>
>> Thank you for your assistance.

The movie studios frown on the sharing of cover art, as they feel it
promotes bootlegging. Lucasfilm and Disney, for example, have filed
litigation against several sites that offered cover art for their
movies, and effectively shut those sites down.

Biz

Why not scan your covers yourself from your originals you are backing
up...trading would only make sense for someone that doesnt own the dvds they
are copying....

"Spinbot" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Anyone?
>
> "Spinbot" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Sorry if this topic has been discussed, however as I just subscibed to
> > this
> > newgroup, my ISP didn't have much in terms of older postings.
> >
> > I use to download covers from covers.to, however they have disappeared.
> > I know of cdcovers.cc , however the quality isn't as good.
> >
> > Does anyone know if their is a newsgroup or alternate website where we

can
> > swap Hi-Res DVD movie covers?
> >
> > Thank you for your assistance.
> >
> > Spinbot

Spinbot

I've tried scanning them, however once I remove the cardboard and place on
scanner, the copy it makes is really crappy. I am refering to my Warner
Bros. and New Line DVD's that came in the different style of case.

news:UPx8g.3715$(E-Mail Removed) t...

xeaglecrest@att.net

Spinbot wrote:

> I've tried scanning them, however once I remove the cardboard and place on
> scanner, the copy it makes is really crappy. I am refering to my Warner
> Bros. and New Line DVD's that came in the different style of case.

1) Try scanning as a color document rather than a color photo.
2) You may need a better scanner/printer.

kaasiis kaasiis is offline
Junior Member

Hi,

I saw this post a bit late, but I have personally been very happy with dvdcoverlinks.com

Compared to the other hires sites dvdcoverlinks is free and it has only high resolution dvd covers. They are still pretty new I believe, but already more than 6300 covers ++ and growing.

Worth checking out.

TomskiBOTN TomskiBOTN is offline
Junior Member

Sorry for the late reply but I had to let you knwo about two great resources for high res covers one is

coversdaddy.com and the other is highrescovers.com