Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Star Wars Original Trilogy Unaltered Theatrical Version DVD Coming in September?!?!

Star Wars Original Trilogy Unaltered Theatrical Version DVD Coming in September?!?!

unclejr

And I thought that Lucas said that the originals no longer existed!:

<http://www.starwars.com/episode-iv/release/video/news20060503.html>

What a ****ing liar. However, he's no fool. He is going to make a ton
of money on this.

-Junior

Scott Streeter

"unclejr" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> And I thought that Lucas said that the originals no longer existed!:
>
> <http://www.starwars.com/episode-iv/release/video/news20060503.html>
>
> What a ****ing liar. However, he's no fool. He is going to make a ton
> of money on this.
>
> -Junior

Are you really surprised??

--
Scott Streeter
http://www.wpi.edu/~ss/

Derek Janssen

unclejr wrote:

> And I thought that Lucas said that the originals no longer existed!:
>
> <http://www.starwars.com/episode-iv/release/video/news20060503.html>
>
> What a ****ing liar. However, he's no fool. He is going to make a ton
> of money on this.

Well, on the *first* one, anyway--

Please pass off the "For those who want to hear the ORIGINAL Ewok song!"
as a gratuitous bit of marketing copy...

Derek Janssen (not canon-fanboy, and therefore has his reasonable limits)
(E-Mail Removed)

Justin

unclejr wrote on [4 May 2006 04:52:19 -0700]:
> And I thought that Lucas said that the originals no longer existed!:
>
> <http://www.starwars.com/episode-iv/release/video/news20060503.html>
>
> What a ****ing liar. However, he's no fool. He is going to make a ton
> of money on this.

How did I miss this post?

Oh well.

I wonder if this is too little too late.

I know for me and most of the people I know that they have lost a lot of
interest in the whole star wars saga

omarenoryt@aol.com

It looks like the theatrical versions won't be cleaned up and won't
even have 5.1. So they must just be transferring the ld or VHS versions
apparently.

unclejr wrote:
> And I thought that Lucas said that the originals no longer existed!:
>
> <http://www.starwars.com/episode-iv/release/video/news20060503.html>
>
> What a ****ing liar. However, he's no fool. He is going to make a ton
> of money on this.
>
> -Junior

unclejr

Derek Janssen wrote:
> Well, on the *first* one, anyway--

What part of the word, "trilogy" do you fail to comprehend? HTH.

-Junior

Derek Janssen

unclejr wrote:

> Derek Janssen wrote:
>
>>Well, on the *first* one, anyway--

> What part of the word, "trilogy" do you fail to comprehend? HTH.

The "We'll seriously buy all three" part.

Derek Janssen (so, there's somebody *waiting* for the original Empire
Strikes Back, then?)
(E-Mail Removed)

unclejr

Derek Janssen wrote:
> The "We'll seriously buy all three" part.

Ah... I see. I failed to understand what you were getting at. I
thought that you were implying that only Star Wars (the original movie)
was going to be released in September.

> so, there's somebody *waiting* for the original Empire Strikes Back, then?

Naturally. I would much rather see the original Monkey Boy/Clive
Revill as the Emporer than Ian McDiarmid anytime.

-Junior

Sean O'Hara

In the Year of the Dog, the Great and Powerful (E-Mail Removed)
declared:
> It looks like the theatrical versions won't be cleaned up and won't
> even have 5.1. So they must just be transferring the ld or VHS versions
> apparently.

They won't be restored, which is not the same as not being remastered.

--
Sean O'Hara | http://diogenes-sinope.blogspot.com
Fry: Hey, cheer up. Not everyone turns out like their parents. I

Sean O'Hara

In the Year of the Dog, the Great and Powerful Derek Janssen declared:
> unclejr wrote:
>
>> What a ****ing liar. However, he's no fool. He is going to make a ton
>> of money on this.

> Well, on the *first* one, anyway--
>
> Please pass off the "For those who want to hear the ORIGINAL Ewok song!"
> as a gratuitous bit of marketing copy...

How about those who don't want to see Hayden Christiansen standing
with Yoda and Obi Wan?

Empire is the only one where you could reasonably argue the current
DVD is complete butchery. And as someone who doesn't own the current
DVD set, I'll gladly pick up the new versions.

--
Sean O'Hara | http://diogenes-sinope.blogspot.com
Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably