Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Charged for Insurance, Seller kept the money

Charged for Insurance, Seller kept the money

Justin

jtees4 wrote on [Wed, 03 May 2006 18:50:12 -0400]:
> On Wed, 03 May 2006 13:06:09 -0700, Don Lancaster <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>redleg wrote:
>>

>>> I had a jerk try to charge me $14.95 for airmail, and he lived 20 miles
>>> from me
>>>

>>Did you contractually obligate yourself under the UCC to pay the $14.95
>>when you bid?

> ...and more importantly. Is there an airport between you and him/her?

Doesn't really matter. When you bid and shipping is noted then you are
agreeing to pay it.

Justin

dobypinch wrote on [Sat, 3 Jun 2006 09:01:36 -0400]:
> Well it sort of does matter, If there is a dispute such as significantly
> not as described ebay's preferred remedy is for the buyer to send it back at
> their expense and the seller is to refund the bid price only but it is left
> up to the sellers discretion whether to reimburse any shipping. If the
> shipping is set artificially too high it becomes an exercise in futility to
> pay postage both ways and the sellers who misrepresent items are rewarded.

That's the buyer's fault then. I don't agree that those that charge
outrageous shipping charges are right, but it's up to the buyer to keep
themself informed.

> Why is it that they buyer is entering into a legally binding contract to pay
> but the seller just is supposed to take responsibility for the accuracy of
> their listing?

Because eBay is biased toward the seller.

shoppa@trailing-edge.com

jtees4 wrote:
> On Wed, 03 May 2006 13:06:09 -0700, Don Lancaster <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >redleg wrote:
> >

> >> I had a jerk try to charge me $14.95 for airmail, and he lived 20 miles
> >> from me
> >>

> >Did you contractually obligate yourself under the UCC to pay the $14.95
> >when you bid?

> ...and more importantly. Is there an airport between you and him/her?

Stupid website ordering story:

Many years ago, when the web was shiny and new, I ordered a hard drive
from a near-local (about 25 miles away) retailer.

I specified UPS ground shipping. Of course, it'd only take a day to get
to me by ground.

However, the retailer decided to give me a "free upgrade" to UPS
2nd-day service.

Wouldn't you know, the drive took two days to get to me. It went from
California to a sorting center in Kentucky and back to California.

And, (the wonder of computer invoicing), they accidentally charged me
for UPS 2nd-day, which I spent a few hours on the phone trying to fix.

Tim.

Don Lancaster

Justin wrote:

> Because eBay is biased toward the seller.

You mean, like an auctioneer?

--
Many thanks,

Don Lancaster voice phone: (92428-4073
Synergetics 3860 West First Street Box 809 Thatcher, AZ 85552
rss: http://www.tinaja.com/whtnu.xml email: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

Justin

Don Lancaster wrote on [Thu, 04 May 2006 08:20:43 -0700]:
> Justin wrote:
>

>> Because eBay is biased toward the seller.
>>

> You mean, like an auctioneer?

Yeah. Funny that.

Amun

"Joyful Momy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:08U5g.3024$(E-Mail Removed) k.net...
> I won a DVD from an ebay Seller and was charged $2.95 shipping
> handeling and insurance but the box only had $1.59 media mail on it and NO
> INSURANCE and I wrote to the seller and asked for a refund of $1.36 and
> was told that he insured him self and what was my complaint if i received
> the item think this is fradulent and unethical because it is obvious that
> the seller just stole my money who can I report this to?
>

> My Web site
> www.members.ebay.com/aboutme/joyful*momy

You paid it, you got your crap, so where's the problem.
Now,....if you paid and didn't get it and the seller balked and refused to
make good, you would have a complaint.

But you better lower your expectations. Eekbay is not famous for it's users
integrity, nor it's client satisfaction/customer service.
If you want fair treatment try Sears, Walmart, or some other retailer who
actually cares about customer satisfaction.

Maybe now that you know what goes on at eekbay daily, you might not be so
proud of having your own eekbay personal info site.
Now move along,.....eekbay sellers are doing the same thing to new users
daily

Mac

eBay is biased toward eBay.

Mac

Steve B

"Mac" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> eBay is biased toward eBay.
>
> Mac

Is it tough being a genius?

Steve

dvdscds

$2.95 is reasonable for S&H, but the seller shouldn't state that the
item is "insured" if he isn't paying for postal insurance.

Postal Insurance is a rip-off for items under $50.00. There's no
tracking number. Better to send it with Delivery Confirmation for 60
cents
which provides a tracking number.

I mail with Delivery Confirmation and offer a refund for the 1 or 2
packages
in 1,000+ that don't show up.

----------
DVDs CDs - Buy Sell Trade
http://blog.myspace.com/dvdscds
http://group.myspace.com/dvdscds

Justin

dvdscds wrote on [6 May 2006 20:18:30 -0700]:
> $2.95 is reasonable for S&H, but the seller shouldn't state that the
> item is "insured" if he isn't paying for postal insurance.

Why not? If they just say it's insured they are not claiming it's postal
insured. Just that it's insured.

If you get the item either way it doesn't matter