Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > DVD+RW Disc cannot be reused.

DVD+RW Disc cannot be reused.

silkunicorn@gmail.com

Hi, I am using a Gateway AR-230 with Memorex DVD+RW discs. I have
been using these discs to record shows from VCR tapes and haven't had
any problems until now.

I recorded some shows on the DVD+RW disc from a VCR tape and then I
decided to erase the disc and want to use it to record shows from the
TV. After I erased the disc and put it back into the recorder, the
recorder could not recognize the disc and on the top menu it said "DVD
Video" which I think should have been "DVD RW". No option could be
chosen from the recorder, I cannot use Disc Tool, Set-up, Edit or
anything! At this point, the disc is useless. Could anyone please tell
me what did happen? Is the disc forever damaged? I have done this
before and never have any problem. I tried to do the same thing with
another DVD+RW disc (also Memorex) and same situation happened.

Any comments/suggestions will be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Mike O'Sullivan

> Hi, I am using a Gateway AR-230 with Memorex DVD+RW discs. I have
> been using these discs to record shows from VCR tapes and haven't had
> any problems until now.
>
> I recorded some shows on the DVD+RW disc from a VCR tape and then I
> decided to erase the disc and want to use it to record shows from the
> TV. After I erased the disc and put it back into the recorder, the
> recorder could not recognize the disc and on the top menu it said "DVD
> Video" which I think should have been "DVD RW". No option could be
> chosen from the recorder, I cannot use Disc Tool, Set-up, Edit or
> anything! At this point, the disc is useless. Could anyone please tell
> me what did happen? Is the disc forever damaged? I have done this
> before and never have any problem. I tried to do the same thing with
> another DVD+RW disc (also Memorex) and same situation happened.
>
> Any comments/suggestions will be much appreciated.
>
> Thank you.

Maybe you should re-format the disc? I notice that Nero has a"format"
option as well as a "DVD erase" option.

davej

I always format before re recording- burn on pc and edit content-then format
and re-use
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Hi, I am using a Gateway AR-230 with Memorex DVD+RW discs. I have
> been using these discs to record shows from VCR tapes and haven't had
> any problems until now.
>
> I recorded some shows on the DVD+RW disc from a VCR tape and then I
> decided to erase the disc and want to use it to record shows from the
> TV. After I erased the disc and put it back into the recorder, the
> recorder could not recognize the disc and on the top menu it said "DVD
> Video" which I think should have been "DVD RW". No option could be
> chosen from the recorder, I cannot use Disc Tool, Set-up, Edit or
> anything! At this point, the disc is useless. Could anyone please tell
> me what did happen? Is the disc forever damaged? I have done this
> before and never have any problem. I tried to do the same thing with
> another DVD+RW disc (also Memorex) and same situation happened.
>
> Any comments/suggestions will be much appreciated.
>
> Thank you.

silkunicorn@gmail.com

Hi Mike, Thank you for the response. However I do not have a DVD+RW
drive with my computer. So how else can I re-format the disc?

Thank you.

davej

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Hi Mike, Thank you for the response. However I do not have a DVD+RW
> drive with my computer. So how else can I re-format the disc?
>
> Thank you.

this facility is surely available on you dvd recorder?