Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > DVD unreadible by Explorer

DVD unreadible by Explorer

oldgrey

I have a DVD I burned that I thought was ok when the burn was done. I
then tried to see the file structure with Explore. However, Explorer
is unable to see what is on the DVD. Does anyone know of a utility
that will let me get passed this so I can copy the good files to my
hard drive and then create a good viewable DVD? Please post your
ideas.

Thanks

Mutley

oldgrey <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have a DVD I burned that I thought was ok when the burn was done. I
>then tried to see the file structure with Explore. However, Explorer
>is unable to see what is on the DVD. Does anyone know of a utility
>that will let me get passed this so I can copy the good files to my
>hard drive and then create a good viewable DVD? Please post your
>ideas.
>
>Thanks

Was it on a DVD+R media by any chance and burned with Nero 6 ??

oldgrey

Nope.

The DVD was burned with DVD2one on DVD-R media using a Plextor 740a
connected via external case to a USB2 port.

When the burn finished it did not indicate any problems during the
burn.

On Sun, 30 Apr 2006 19:06:03 +1200, Mutley
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>oldgrey <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>I have a DVD I burned that I thought was ok when the burn was done. I
>>then tried to see the file structure with Explore. However, Explorer
>>is unable to see what is on the DVD. Does anyone know of a utility
>>that will let me get passed this so I can copy the good files to my
>>hard drive and then create a good viewable DVD? Please post your
>>ideas.
>>
>>Thanks

>Was it on a DVD+R media by any chance and burned with Nero 6 ??

Mutley

oldgrey <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Nope.
>
>The DVD was burned with DVD2one on DVD-R media using a Plextor 740a
>connected via external case to a USB2 port.
>
>When the burn finished it did not indicate any problems during the
>burn.
>
>On Sun, 30 Apr 2006 19:06:03 +1200, Mutley
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>oldgrey <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>>I have a DVD I burned that I thought was ok when the burn was done. I
>>>then tried to see the file structure with Explore. However, Explorer
>>>is unable to see what is on the DVD. Does anyone know of a utility
>>>that will let me get passed this so I can copy the good files to my
>>>hard drive and then create a good viewable DVD? Please post your
>>>ideas.
>>>
>>>Thanks

>>Was it on a DVD+R media by any chance and burned with Nero 6 ??

Thanx. I had the same problem but only with DVD+R media .