Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > A Newby trying again

A Newby trying again

Gob Stopper

I have copied a bunch of camcorder VHS tapes to DVDs. I can view them on
my PC, so they appear to be alright.

What do I use to get the Video and audio from the DVD into an editable
form, and where do I get it?

What do I use to edit it all?

What do I use to burn the edited results onto VCD or DVD? I don't
currently have a DVD burner, so recommendations for that would be good
as well.

GuessWho

"Gob Stopper" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>I have copied a bunch of camcorder VHS tapes to DVDs. I can view them on my
>PC, so they appear to be alright.
>
> What do I use to get the Video and audio from the DVD into an editable
> form, and where do I get it?
>
> What do I use to edit it all?
>
> What do I use to burn the edited results onto VCD or DVD? I don't
> currently have a DVD burner, so recommendations for that would be good as
> well.

A program like Nero or Easy Creator from Roxio have the features you need in
a single package. There may be better individual programs that someone else
can help you with. Both Nero and Roxio cost around $100 but there are
frequent discounts and I think they both have trial versions. Sometimes you
can find OEM versions of older versions for only a few bucks. See here:
http://www.surpluscomputers.com/stor...dy&search=nero

These will not have all the latest and greatest features but they will
probably do what you want.

Wayne

sdeyoreo@hotmail.com

On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 14:36:02 -0400, Gob Stopper <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I have copied a bunch of camcorder VHS tapes to DVDs. I can view them on
>my PC, so they appear to be alright.
>
>What do I use to get the Video and audio from the DVD into an editable
>form, and where do I get it?

Try " DVD Shrink " to get the DVD onto the harddrive.
http://www.dvdshrink.org/
http://www.download-it-free.com/dvdshrink/

Try "VirtualDub - mpeg2" at http://www.virtualdub.org/index

>What do I use to burn the edited results onto VCD or DVD? I don't
>currently have a DVD burner, so recommendations for that would be good
>as well.

Try "CDBurnerXP Pro"
http://www.cdburnerxp.se/

Netmask

"Gob Stopper" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>I have copied a bunch of camcorder VHS tapes to DVDs. I can view them on my
>PC, so they appear to be alright.
>
> What do I use to get the Video and audio from the DVD into an editable
> form, and where do I get it?
>
> What do I use to edit it all?
>
> What do I use to burn the edited results onto VCD or DVD? I don't
> currently have a DVD burner, so recommendations for that would be good as
> well.

Check out www.videohelp.com a good forum where you will get some useful
clues..

Gob Stopper

Netmask wrote:
> "Gob Stopper" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
>>I have copied a bunch of camcorder VHS tapes to DVDs. I can view them on my
>>PC, so they appear to be alright.
>>
>>What do I use to get the Video and audio from the DVD into an editable
>>form, and where do I get it?
>>
>>What do I use to edit it all?
>>
>>What do I use to burn the edited results onto VCD or DVD? I don't
>>currently have a DVD burner, so recommendations for that would be good as
>>well.

> Check out www.videohelp.com a good forum where you will get some useful
> clues..

Thanks, after posting, I did a bunch of searching and downloading,
incuding time spent at videohelp. I downloaded:

- SimpleDivX
- TMPGEnc
- AutoGordianKnot
- avi.NET
- DVD Shrink
- DVDx
- XviD

I don't remember much about the experience, except that I got pretty
frustrated. I do remember:

- AutoGordianKnot didn't load properly the first time, then after a
removal and reload, it seemed better, but still didn't work.
- avi.NET kept needing more things downloaded and installed
- DVDx worked quite well, once I waded through all of the choices.

I now have an MPEG file (from DVDx) that I'll be able to edit next
weekend when I return from a business trip.

GS

Alpha

DVDs can also be read into Ulead Movie Factory 5.

"Gob Stopper" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>I have copied a bunch of camcorder VHS tapes to DVDs. I can view them on my
>PC, so they appear to be alright.
>
> What do I use to get the Video and audio from the DVD into an editable
> form, and where do I get it?
>
> What do I use to edit it all?
>
> What do I use to burn the edited results onto VCD or DVD? I don't
> currently have a DVD burner, so recommendations for that would be good as
> well.

akanishing@yahoo.com

Don't think that it is too complicated, and actually it is simple.
The software i used can do it as soon as possible:
http://www.xilisoft.com/dvd-creator.html

Gob Stopper 写道: