Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > How to convert DVD/Video to iPod/PSP?

How to convert DVD/Video to iPod/PSP?

ivan

Wondershare DVD to iPod Ripper & Video to iPod Converter
----User guide
Nowadays, most iPod converter is popular more and more going with iPod
developed. Many friends ask me to introduce a good iPod video converter
after I issued a report about iPod video converters. (You can get more
info from my report on the page:
http://www.dvd-ripper-copy.com/report.html), so I write a guide for
users to recommend a tool (Wondershare iPod Video Suite). I wish it is
useful to you.

Before you convert your files, please know the general limits which the
iPod carry.

H.264 video: up to 768 Kbps, 320x240, 30 frames per sec., Baseline
Profile up to Level 1.3 with AAC-LC up to 128 Kbps, 48 KHz, stereo
audio in .m4v, .mp4 and .mov file formats.

MPEG-4 video: up to 2500 Kbps, 480x320, 30 frames per sec., Baseline
Profile up to Level 1.3 with AAC-LC up to 128 Kbps, 48 KHz, stereo
audio in .m4v, .mp4 and .mov file formats.

How to convert DVD to iPod with Wondershare DVD to iPod Ripper (for
windows)
Features:
Wondershare DVD to iPod Ripper can convert / rip DVD to iPod video
directly (need not convert DVD to AVI or VOB first)
If you're a Windows user, Wondershare DVD to iPod Ripper works great
for you. You can convert/rip DVD to iPod Video easily. Additional, its
rich options and conversion quality can satisfy your entire
requirements. After testing, all formats to iPod conversion works well!
Let's view the steps.

Step 1: Download the latest version 'Wondershare iPod Video Suite' from
here
http://download.wondershare.com/iPodSuite_trial.exe
Install and run it.

Step2. Click DVD to iPod Converter component to open the DVD to iPod
Ripper

Step3.Import DVD files
1) Load your DVD from DVD-ROM drive by clicking "Open DVD"
2) Or Load .inf file from your hard disk by clicking "add inf"
3) Or right click on the blank area in the center of the main interface
to import video files from your hard disk and DVD-ROM drive.

Step4. As usual, the longest title is the main file of the movie. You
can remove the title you don't like to convert by choosing the title,
right-clicking and "Remove" or "Clear All"

Step5. Click "Option" to set conversion parameter. You can
customize "Resolution", 'Frame rate', 'Format', 'Bit
rate', 'Channels', 'Frequency', 'Volume' here according
to your need. Or you just use the default setting.

Step6.Set 'Subtitle' and 'Audio' to what you like. To 'Save as',
enter the full pathname or choose the path where you want to save your
video files by clicking the icon in the right side.

Step7.If you want to convert partial of the file, you just select the
title and double click it, then a clip window will be pop up, you can
drag the slider to set the start and end point freely, or type in the
time manually, then only the desired section of the DVDs will be
converted.

Step8.After all the thing done, click the 'START' button to begin
the conversion. Click the `Cancel` button when you want to stop
recording (Or, leave it to run until the end if you wish to record the
whole thing).

Step9.When the conversion is complete. Find the .mp4 file that DVD to
iPod Ripper created and drag it into your iTunes library, or select
'Add File to Library' from the 'File' menu and select the encoded
movies. Now you can watch it with iTunes or QuickTime Player on your
PC. You can download iTunes 6+quicktime Player package from here
http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/win.html

Step10. Load the MP4 files to iPod by clicking 'File -> Update iPod'.
Now, you can enjoy the movies on your fifth generation video iPod
anywhere and anytime.

How to convert AVI/WMV/MPG/MPEG/MOV/DAT/ASF/RM/RMVB to iPod with
Wondershare Video to iPod Converter (for windows)
Wondershare Video to iPod Converter can convert
AVI/WMV/MPG/MPEG/MOV/DAT/ASF
/RM/RMVB to iPod video directly. If you're a Windows user, Wondershare
Video to iPod Converter works great for you. You can convert all
popular video formats to mp4 easily. After testing, all formats to iPod
conversion works well!
You can download the latest version from here
http://download.wondershare.com/iPodSuite_trial.exe

As the interface and operation are familiar with DVD to iPod Ripper. I
not repeat it here, follow the above steps, you will manage it easily!

Finally
Finish my guide; have you know more about Wondershare iPod Video Suite?
If you still have problems, you can refer to this forum
http://www.dvd-ripper-copy.com/forum/index.php
If you find other problems, mistakes or have any feedback on this
guide, send me a Private Message. I hope this guide helped you, hope
you stick around