Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > autoGK when selecting 1 pgc it does all pgc's

Reply
Thread Tools

autoGK when selecting 1 pgc it does all pgc's

 
 
nstott1982@gmail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-10-2006
ok looking for a little help with this cool program

im trying to convert a downloaded dvd into xvids due to the large
amound of space dvd's require

when i tell autoGK to open the ifo it asks me to select a PGC so i
select PGC 1 (30mins) then do this for 2 - 6 adding each job as i go
along. when i run the conversion it does the full 3h dvd to one 350mb
xvid 6 times. (takes along time to find it aint worked)

ive also tried doing each vob (still did whole 3h)

also tried doing each vob in its own folder which did the 1st episode +

10mins of the next. (guessing the episodes overlap one vob file (5vobs

6 episodes)

any sugestions on how or why his is happening and any work arounds on
points in the right direction

it does say the episodes are 30mins when selecting the PGC from opening

the ifo file.

Video info: MPEG2 720x576 PAL 16:9 letbox PGC 1. Length: 0:29:20:22

why it doing all pgc's?

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Bob
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-10-2006
On 10 Apr 2006 04:06:41 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>when i tell autoGK to open the ifo it asks me to select a PGC so i
>select PGC 1 (30mins) then do this for 2 - 6 adding each job as i go
>along. when i run the conversion it does the full 3h dvd to one 350mb
>xvid 6 times. (takes along time to find it aint worked)
>
>ive also tried doing each vob (still did whole 3h)
>
>also tried doing each vob in its own folder which did the 1st episode +
>
>10mins of the next. (guessing the episodes overlap one vob file (5vobs
>
>6 episodes)
>
>any sugestions on how or why his is happening and any work arounds on
>points in the right direction


Visit the AGK forum:
http://forum.doom9.org/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=28
They will be able to help you.

Try using VideoReDo or something similar to break out Mpegs and then
use AGK to process each one. You will lose subtitles but then you did
not mention you wanted them.

--

"A politician's neck should always have a noose around it.
It keeps him upright."
-Robert Heinlein
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
nstott1982@gmail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-10-2006
ive tried that one but you need to be a member for 5days before you can
post

ive used dvd decriptor to re rip the dvd-r iso to the computer and that
seems to have split it right. running a conversion now to see if its
worked

thanx for you advice anyway

 
Reply With Quote
 
Bob
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-10-2006
On 10 Apr 2006 07:48:48 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>ive tried that one but you need to be a member for 5days before you can
>post


I know - what a stupid thing.

>ive used dvd decriptor to re rip the dvd-r iso to the computer and that
>seems to have split it right. running a conversion now to see if its
>worked


You can use DVD Shrink to rip it to VOBs which AGK can deal with
individually.


--

"A politician's neck should always have a noose around it.
It keeps him upright."
-Robert Heinlein
 
Reply With Quote
 
Bob
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-10-2006
On 10 Apr 2006 07:48:48 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>ive tried that one but you need to be a member for 5days before you can
>post


Nevertheless if you have found a real bug, you should report it so we
all benefit.


--

"A politician's neck should always have a noose around it.
It keeps him upright."
-Robert Heinlein
 
Reply With Quote
 
nstott1982@gmail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-11-2006
im not totaly sure it is a bug with the software have a feeling it is
more a bug in the way the dvd-r has been created the job is well
underway now and should be completed by tomorrow saved me a good 10gb+
yay

thanx for the tips tho will bear them in mind if i have anymore problems

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AutoGK Subtitle Problems Bob DVD Video 53 02-10-2006 03:05 PM
AutoGK Crashes Bob DVD Video 32 02-05-2006 04:31 PM
Help needed for converting DVDs to AVI's with AutoGK Arawak Computer Support 0 10-28-2005 04:15 AM
XSLT: selecting the maximal from all counts(newbie) R XML 7 01-17-2005 05:51 PM
Selecting all text in a textbox? Harry Simpson ASP .Net 3 07-28-2003 04:15 PM



Advertisments