Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Mediacoder video conversion freeware - What's the secret to using it?

Mediacoder video conversion freeware - What's the secret to using it?

Wilbur Post

http://mediacoder.sourceforge.net/

Has anyone been able to figure this program out? I agree with others that
the possibilities are endless with this program, but I can't find a manual
that explains how to use the thing. I'm pretty experienced with several
conversion utilities, but I can't get past one second before the error
message appears.

Are there any decent manuals on the net for this?

Happy Trails

On Fri, 07 Apr 2006 23:48:59 -0500, Wilbur Post <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>http://mediacoder.sourceforge.net/
>

>Has anyone been able to figure this program out? I agree with others that
>the possibilities are endless with this program, but I can't find a manual
>that explains how to use the thing. I'm pretty experienced with several
>conversion utilities, but I can't get past one second before the error
>message appears.
>
>Are there any decent manuals on the net for this?

ahahahaha!

I just read your title line as "Mediocre" not "Mediacorder".

(not a comment on the program!)

Melanie

Twist

"Happy Trails" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Fri, 07 Apr 2006 23:48:59 -0500, Wilbur Post <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>http://mediacoder.sourceforge.net/
>>

>>Has anyone been able to figure this program out? I agree with others that
>>the possibilities are endless with this program, but I can't find a manual
>>that explains how to use the thing. I'm pretty experienced with several
>>conversion utilities, but I can't get past one second before the error
>>message appears.
>>
>>Are there any decent manuals on the net for this?

It's a great program when you get it working, I tried to find instructions
but couldn't. So it's just trial & error, what exactly are you trying to
convert?