Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Pioneer DV-C36 strange problem

Pioneer DV-C36 strange problem

gordoodle

I had a dead spot on the spindle motor of my Pioneer elite DV-C36,
causing the need to occasionally open it up and move the spindle a few
cm.

Recently, the DVD player started exhibiting this behavior - It loads
and checks all the discs correctly, then when it starts to try to track
on the first disc, it spins up slow once, and then full speed twice
before opening the tray. Doesn't matter what the dvd is - the tray
opens back up after an attempot to load the first disc.

Because of this problem and the dead spot, I replaced the DVD assembly
(spindle motor, tracking motor, lens, etc) in the DVD player. Now the
motor exhibits no problems, but the tray stioll opens after trying to
load the disc after checking discs.

Has anybody seen this odd tray eject behavior before, and do you know
of possible causes? I'm willing and competent to service it myself, but
I can't decide what the possible issues are.

- Gordon

gordoodle

Fxied this problem - there is a tiny dipswitch on part VXX2653 behind
the laser pickup that ships in a different position than on the
original part that was in my player. After flipping this dipswitch to
the other position, the unit operates normally. Anybody know what this
tiny dipswitch is for? The service manual is unclear.