Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > DISNEY pushes up the price of 2 disc Sec. Ed

DISNEY pushes up the price of 2 disc Sec. Ed

mw

The last time I bought a 2 disc Special Ed. DVD was last week. It was KING KONG and it cost $19.88 at Wal-Mart.
TOday I went to Wal-Mart to buy the new CHRONICLES OF NARNIA 2 DVD set. I was stunned to see the price of $27 and some change! I eventually bought it at Circuit City for $24.99. Which is still $5 more than I thought I would have to pay. You used to be able to buy a double disc DVD for about $20. It looks like Disney is trying to push up the price of these sets. I hope they aren't starting a trend.

Fred C. Dobbs

On Tue, 04 Apr 2006 23:49:41 GMT, "mw" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>The last time I bought a 2 disc Special Ed. DVD was last week. It was KING KONG and it cost $19.88 at Wal-Mart.
>TOday I went to Wal-Mart to buy the new CHRONICLES OF NARNIA 2 DVD set. I was stunned to see the price of $27 and some change! I eventually bought it at Circuit City for $24.99. Which is still $5 more than I thought I would have to pay. You used to be able to buy a double disc DVD for about $20. It looks like Disney is trying to push up the price of these sets. I hope they aren't starting a trend.

It was 23.98 at my Wal-Mart

Jay G.

On Tue, 04 Apr 2006 23:49:41 GMT, mw wrote:

> The last time I bought a 2 disc Special Ed. DVD was last week. It was KING
> KONG and it cost $19.88 at Wal-Mart. TOday I went to Wal-Mart to buy the
> new CHRONICLES OF NARNIA 2 DVD set. I was stunned to see the price of $27
> and some change! I eventually bought it at Circuit City for $24.99. Which
> is still $5 more than I thought I would have to pay. You used to be able to
> buy a double disc DVD for about $20. It looks like Disney is trying to push
> up the price of these sets. I hope they aren't starting a trend.

Disney did the same thing way back in 2001 with The Emperor's New Groove.
The only thing that makes this trend "new" is that Disney stopped doing it
for a while.

-Jay

Jim Johnson

On Tue, 04 Apr 2006 23:49:41 GMT, "mw" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>The last time I bought a 2 disc Special Ed. DVD was last week. It was KING KONG and it cost $19.88 at Wal-Mart.
>TOday I went to Wal-Mart to buy the new CHRONICLES OF NARNIA 2 DVD set. I was stunned to see the price of $27 and some change! I eventually bought it at Circuit City for $24.99. Which is still $5 more than I thought I would have to pay. You used to be able to buy a double disc DVD for about $20. It looks like Disney is trying to push up the price of these sets. I hope they aren't starting a trend.

Please learn how to use the line wrap feature of your news reader.
It's a pain trying to read you post without you doing so.

Thanks

Jim

Richard C.

"Jim Johnson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 04 Apr 2006 23:49:41 GMT, "mw" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>The last time I bought a 2 disc Special Ed. DVD was last week. It was
>>KING KONG and it cost $19.88 at Wal-Mart.
>>TOday I went to Wal-Mart to buy the new CHRONICLES OF NARNIA 2 DVD set. I
>>was stunned to see the price of $27 and some change! I eventually bought
>>it at Circuit City for $24.99. Which is still $5 more than I thought I
>>would have to pay. You used to be able to buy a double disc DVD for about
>>$20. It looks like Disney is trying to push up the price of these sets. I
>>hope they aren't starting a trend.

> Please learn how to use the line wrap feature of your news reader.
> It's a pain trying to read you post without you doing so.
>
> Thanks
>
> Jim

=============================
Reads fine here......even adjusts to the width of the window.

Larry Gold

Seems the UK is now cheaper than the USA
we have a supermarket war going on for years and I picked up Narina for
13.00 around $18.00 I think
"mw" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsCDYf.1975$Vy3.620@trndny02...
The last time I bought a 2 disc Special Ed. DVD was last week. It was KING
KONG and it cost $19.88 at Wal-Mart.
TOday I went to Wal-Mart to buy the new CHRONICLES OF NARNIA 2 DVD set. I
was stunned to see the price of $27 and some change! I eventually bought it
at Circuit City for $24.99. Which is still $5 more than I thought I would
have to pay. You used to be able to buy a double disc DVD for about $20. It
looks like Disney is trying to push up the price of these sets. I hope they
aren't starting a trend.

Stephen Clark

Also two disc KING KONG for 9.75 ($16.00)

news:k650g.31360$(E-Mail Removed)...