Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > "Firefly" DVD Set on Sale at Costco

"Firefly" DVD Set on Sale at Costco

ngomandy@hotmail.com

I stopped by my local Costco today to get my weekly goodies ahead of
the weekend crowds and, guess what I found for sale on the DVD section?
The "Firefly" box sets, at $19.95 a pop! I grabbed myself three
sets.

I don't know if this is a Costco-wide sale across the country or just
limited to some states. I live in Gaithersburg, Maryland, but I just
talked to my sister who lives across the Potomac in Fairfax County,
Virginia and her local Costco has the same sale going on as well. The
strange thing is I'd never seen the "Firefly" set sold at any
Costco before today (although I did find the "Serenity" DVD there a
few months ago both in FS and WS versions) and they do not offer it
online either. Has this ever happened before? Not that I'm
complaining : )

Mandy

Beth

> I stopped by my local Costco today to get my weekly goodies ahead of
> the weekend crowds and, guess what I found for sale on the DVD section?
> The "Firefly" box sets, at $19.95 a pop! I grabbed myself three
> sets.
>
> I don't know if this is a Costco-wide sale across the country or just
> limited to some states. I live in Gaithersburg, Maryland, but I just
> talked to my sister who lives across the Potomac in Fairfax County,
> Virginia and her local Costco has the same sale going on as well. The
> strange thing is I'd never seen the "Firefly" set sold at any
> Costco before today (although I did find the "Serenity" DVD there a
> few months ago both in FS and WS versions) and they do not offer it
> online either. Has this ever happened before? Not that I'm
> complaining : )
>
> Mandy

I bought two sets when they first came out - one to keep and one to
lend. The lend set came back last week and already I have a request to
borrow it.

Spreading the 'verse one household at a time.

--
Beth

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog it is too
dark to read.
Groucho Marx

Dick Sidbury

In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> I stopped by my local Costco today to get my weekly goodies ahead of
> the weekend crowds and, guess what I found for sale on the DVD section?
> The "Firefly" box sets, at $19.95 a pop! I grabbed myself three
> sets.
>
> I don't know if this is a Costco-wide sale across the country or just
> limited to some states. I live in Gaithersburg, Maryland, but I just
> talked to my sister who lives across the Potomac in Fairfax County,
> Virginia and her local Costco has the same sale going on as well. The
> strange thing is I'd never seen the "Firefly" set sold at any
> Costco before today (although I did find the "Serenity" DVD there a
> few months ago both in FS and WS versions) and they do not offer it
> online either. Has this ever happened before? Not that I'm
> complaining : )
>
> Mandy

Sam's Club (at least my local one) has had it for 17.88 for about 3
weeks or so.

dick

Captain Infinity

Once Upon A Time (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>I stopped by my local Costco today to get my weekly goodies ahead of
>the weekend crowds and, guess what I found for sale on the DVD section?
> The "Firefly" box sets, at $19.95 a pop! I grabbed myself three
>sets.

ROFL! You never should have bought that DVD Player model that erases
the discs as you watch them. Your original set would have lasted much
longer.

**
Captain Infinity

Captain Infinity

Once Upon A Time Dick Sidbury wrote:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>> I stopped by my local Costco today to get my weekly goodies ahead of
>> the weekend crowds and, guess what I found for sale on the DVD section?
>> The "Firefly" box sets, at $19.95 a pop! I grabbed myself three
>> sets.
>>
>> I don't know if this is a Costco-wide sale across the country or just
>> limited to some states. I live in Gaithersburg, Maryland, but I just
>> talked to my sister who lives across the Potomac in Fairfax County,
>> Virginia and her local Costco has the same sale going on as well. The
>> strange thing is I'd never seen the "Firefly" set sold at any
>> Costco before today (although I did find the "Serenity" DVD there a
>> few months ago both in FS and WS versions) and they do not offer it
>> online either. Has this ever happened before? Not that I'm
>> complaining : )
>>
>> Mandy

>Sam's Club (at least my local one) has had it for 17.88 for about 3
>weeks or so.

Hey, I saved myself an enormous amount of money by not buying the piece
of crap when it originally came out, and I save even more cash by not
buying it each time it's re-priced. I WIN!

**
Captain Infinity

mike allegretto

On Sat, 01 Apr 2006 12:19:05 GMT, Beth <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> I stopped by my local Costco today to get my weekly goodies ahead of
>> the weekend crowds and, guess what I found for sale on the DVD section?
>> The "Firefly" box sets, at $19.95 a pop! I grabbed myself three
>> sets.
>>
>> I don't know if this is a Costco-wide sale across the country or just
>> limited to some states. I live in Gaithersburg, Maryland, but I just
>> talked to my sister who lives across the Potomac in Fairfax County,
>> Virginia and her local Costco has the same sale going on as well. The
>> strange thing is I'd never seen the "Firefly" set sold at any
>> Costco before today (although I did find the "Serenity" DVD there a
>> few months ago both in FS and WS versions) and they do not offer it
>> online either. Has this ever happened before? Not that I'm
>> complaining : )
>>
>> Mandy
>>

>I bought two sets when they first came out - one to keep and one to
>lend. The lend set came back last week and already I have a request to
>borrow it.
>
>Spreading the 'verse one household at a time.

Sam's Club is selling them for $17.88

Dolica ZX600B103 carbon fiber tripod on sale at Costco Online (November23-25) for $79.99 including shipping. SMS Digital Photography 0 11-13-2012 12:26 PM
Sanyo eneloop Bundle on Sale for $19.99 at Costco on Black Friday =?UTF-8?B?U01TIOaWr+iSguaWh+KAoiDlpI8=?= Digital Photography 0 11-11-2007 04:20 PM
Costco HD dvd skip DVD Video 4 01-18-2007 05:12 AM
Region 1 to 2 & PAL the new 10-hour Panasonic DVD-LS93 Costco DVD player? windytheweather03@yahoo.com DVD Video 79 08-13-2005 01:09 AM
Costco: 512 CF memory on sale for 68.49 Crownfield Digital Photography 11 10-27-2004 01:07 PM

Advertisments