Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Can you change a dvd combo (cd writer/ dvd reader) into a dvd writer using just software??

Can you change a dvd combo (cd writer/ dvd reader) into a dvd writer using just software??

talk2_jd@yahoo.com

I heard that if the drive can read dvds and write cds, then in theory,
all you need is some special software to make it write dvds as well.
Its been said that this is because you dont need anything more than a
writing strength laser and the ability to read dvds in order to write
dvds???

Oldus Fartus

> I heard that if the drive can read dvds and write cds, then in theory,
> all you need is some special software to make it write dvds as well.
> Its been said that this is because you dont need anything more than a
> writing strength laser and the ability to read dvds in order to write
> dvds???

Not true.

--
Cheers
Oldus Fartus

Stan Brown

No.

http://OakRoadSystems.com/

AZ Nomad

On 30 Mar 2006 07:29:32 -0800, (E-Mail Removed) <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I heard that if the drive can read dvds and write cds, then in theory,
>all you need is some special software to make it write dvds as well.
>Its been said that this is because you dont need anything more than a
>writing strength laser and the ability to read dvds in order to write
>dvds???

Where's you hear that bullshit?