Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Panasonic slow of the blu-ray mark

Panasonic slow of the blu-ray mark

Rich

PANASONIC PLANS SEPTEMBER US LAUNCH FOR BLU-RAY DVD PLAYER, March 29
The Panasonic brand maker said Wednesday it will start selling its
first Blu-ray high-definition DVD player in North America in September
as electronics makers prepare to go to battle over two rival formats.
Full story at http://www.physorg.com/news62832884.html

Alpha

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> PANASONIC PLANS SEPTEMBER US LAUNCH FOR BLU-RAY DVD PLAYER, March 29
> The Panasonic brand maker said Wednesday it will start selling its
> first Blu-ray high-definition DVD player in North America in September
> as electronics makers prepare to go to battle over two rival formats.
> Full story at http://www.physorg.com/news62832884.html

If the industry wants to know how bad they can screw up a product launch,
they are now creating the ultimate case study. HD and Blu Ray are almost
insanely trying to fail up front.

Phisherman

On Wed, 29 Mar 2006 15:58:22 -0800, "Alpha" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Rich" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> PANASONIC PLANS SEPTEMBER US LAUNCH FOR BLU-RAY DVD PLAYER, March 29
>> The Panasonic brand maker said Wednesday it will start selling its
>> first Blu-ray high-definition DVD player in North America in September
>> as electronics makers prepare to go to battle over two rival formats.
>> Full story at http://www.physorg.com/news62832884.html

>If the industry wants to know how bad they can screw up a product launch,
>they are now creating the ultimate case study. HD and Blu Ray are almost
>insanely trying to fail up front.

Unfortunately, this battle is definitely going to delay my purchase of
a HD or Blu Ray DVD player. I'm sure the existing format will be in
heavy use for some years. I'm very surprised VHS is still around.