Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Bunty and Babli dvd - most atrocious subtitling

Bunty and Babli dvd - most atrocious subtitling

habshi

It was embarrasing watching this one with gorays and one had
to turn it off after watching the kajra re song.
The subititling is truly terrible . Its in about 20 languages
but I put on the English one - and where the woman says 'I thought of
killing you ..'
The subtilting says 'I thought of..' and leaves you in limbo.
These moron makers should be taught that they should pay better .

Barry Delfino

"habshi" <hi@anony> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The subititling is truly terrible . Its in about 20 languages
> but I put on the English one - and where the woman says 'I thought of
> killing you ..'
> The subtilting says 'I thought of..' and leaves you in limbo.
> These moron makers should be taught that they should pay better .

Since you have such wonderful command of the English language, perhaps you
could get a job doing subtitle work.

Michel Hafner

habshi wrote:

> It was embarrasing watching this one with gorays and one had
>to turn it off after watching the kajra re song.
> The subititling is truly terrible . Its in about 20 languages
>but I put on the English one - and where the woman says 'I thought of
>killing you ..'
> The subtilting says 'I thought of..' and leaves you in limbo.
>These moron makers should be taught that they should pay better .

For starters stop using automatic machine translation. The results are a
sad joke.
Even if you know both languages it's often unclear how the machine
arrived at the garbage.

Kobe

Two decades ago when there was still a lot of enthusiasm about
machine translation, the following (fictitious?) account of the result
of machine translation of Russian prose into English would often be
quoted: when an 'articially intelligent' machine produced the sentence
'the vodka is strong but the meat is rotten', they curiously checked
the source and found that the Russian sentence was 'the flesh is
weak but the spirit is strong'!

But with the latest crop of Bollywood movies I find the 'outrageous'
subtitles more entertaining that the strained attempt at humour in the
plot. So there...

/Kobe