Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > backup VHS to DVD?

backup VHS to DVD?

Mike Newman

I am backing up my favourite video tapes onto DVDs using a DVD-recorder.
Some of them have copy protection and this stops me copying them.

Since I have paid for the videos and am only trying to preserve them for
when my VCR dies, I wonder if there is a legal way to do this.

Someone told me that there is free software to do video capture on a PC. Can
anyone help me?

Thanks
Mike

Kenneth J. Harris

See if the information on these sites will help:
http://www.checkhere22.com/index.html and
http://www.simaproducts.com/products...?product_id=58