Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Don't buy anything from RCA/Thomson, scumbag company

Don't buy anything from RCA/Thomson, scumbag company

Mike

This company apparently doesn't honor their warranties. Not only do they
sell junk but when it breaks you are pretty much stuck with it. When this
DVD recorder died, I took it to an authorized center and they told me RCA
had to fax an authorization. When I contacted RCA they told me to go back to
the repair center. So after 3 days and 6 hours of long distance calls and
going in circles, I ended up nowhere. I guess RCA wants their customers to
get frustrated and give up. I have pending claims with the Better Business
Bureau and the Federal Trade Commission. RCA/Thomson has the worst inept
tech support I ever encountered. If you call them you will be on hold for at
least 45 minutes (long distance call to Oklahoma) and their voice mail
directs you to the wrong department. Anybody can email me at
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) if you want more details. Don't let yourself be a victim!
We as consumers must put these scumbag companies out of business!

Alpha

news:SNZUf.1282$(E-Mail Removed)...
> This company apparently doesn't honor their warranties. Not only do they
> sell junk but when it breaks you are pretty much stuck with it. When this
> DVD recorder died, I took it to an authorized center and they told me RCA
> had to fax an authorization. When I contacted RCA they told me to go back
> the repair center. So after 3 days and 6 hours of long distance calls and
> going in circles, I ended up nowhere. I guess RCA wants their customers to
> get frustrated and give up. I have pending claims with the Better Business
> Bureau and the Federal Trade Commission. RCA/Thomson has the worst inept
> tech support I ever encountered. If you call them you will be on hold for
> at
> least 45 minutes (long distance call to Oklahoma) and their voice mail
> directs you to the wrong department. Anybody can email me at
> (E-Mail Removed) if you want more details. Don't let yourself be a
> victim!
> We as consumers must put these scumbag companies out of business!

I bought an RCA portable DVD player that broke within warranty. I sent it
in. They sent me a BROKEN one back. It took me over a year to get my money
back after filing complaints with various consumer agencies.

Roy L. Fuchs

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 13:47:29 -0800, "Mike" <(E-Mail Removed)> Gave us:

>This company apparently doesn't honor their warranties. Not only do they
>sell junk but when it breaks you are pretty much stuck with it. When this
>DVD recorder died, I took it to an authorized center and they told me RCA
>had to fax an authorization. When I contacted RCA they told me to go back to
>the repair center. So after 3 days and 6 hours of long distance calls and
>going in circles, I ended up nowhere. I guess RCA wants their customers to
>get frustrated and give up. I have pending claims with the Better Business
>Bureau and the Federal Trade Commission. RCA/Thomson has the worst inept
>tech support I ever encountered. If you call them you will be on hold for at
>least 45 minutes (long distance call to Oklahoma) and their voice mail
>directs you to the wrong department. Anybody can email me at
>(E-Mail Removed) if you want more details. Don't let yourself be a victim!
>We as consumers must put these scumbag companies out of business!

Maybe you should learn a little diplomacy. It doesn't include overt
****ing and moaning. If you had done it correctly, I am sure that you
would have been helped.

How old is the unit?

Mike

> Maybe you should learn a little diplomacy. It doesn't include overt
> ****ing and moaning. If you had done it correctly, I am sure that you
> would have been helped.
>
> How old is the unit?

well if you bothered to read my post I did everything they told me to do. I
guess the only thing left was to show up at their office and beg for them to
honor this warranty. Its only 6 months old. I guess I need to brush up on my
diplomacy skills while being on hold for an hour. I gave it a valiant
effort, 3 days in a row

Rich

On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 00:14:27 GMT, Roy L. Fuchs
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 13:47:29 -0800, "Mike" <(E-Mail Removed)> Gave us:
>
>>This company apparently doesn't honor their warranties. Not only do they
>>sell junk but when it breaks you are pretty much stuck with it. When this
>>DVD recorder died, I took it to an authorized center and they told me RCA
>>had to fax an authorization. When I contacted RCA they told me to go back to
>>the repair center. So after 3 days and 6 hours of long distance calls and
>>going in circles, I ended up nowhere. I guess RCA wants their customers to
>>get frustrated and give up. I have pending claims with the Better Business
>>Bureau and the Federal Trade Commission. RCA/Thomson has the worst inept
>>tech support I ever encountered. If you call them you will be on hold for at
>>least 45 minutes (long distance call to Oklahoma) and their voice mail
>>directs you to the wrong department. Anybody can email me at
>>(E-Mail Removed) if you want more details. Don't let yourself be a victim!
>>We as consumers must put these scumbag companies out of business!
>>

> Maybe you should learn a little diplomacy. It doesn't include overt
>****ing and moaning. If you had done it correctly, I am sure that you
>would have been helped.
>
> How old is the unit?

Why the F--- in this day and age should someone have to
spend ANY time on long distance calls for this?
They should allow you to contract them via email, provide a component
serial number and THEY should provide the avenue to have it fixed.
-Rich

Roy L. Fuchs

On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 15:42:52 -0500, Rich <(E-Mail Removed)> Gave us:

>On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 00:14:27 GMT, Roy L. Fuchs
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>Why the F--- in this day and age should someone have to
>spend ANY time on long distance calls for this?
>They should allow you to contract them via email, provide a component
>serial number and THEY should provide the avenue to have it fixed.
>-Rich

With this, I am in much agreement. The same thing should happen when
you BUY it. It should NOT require registration at all, and if bought
from a legit store, the STORE should forward the sales info to the
maker, and when you go to make a claim, any legally purchased product
should have full traceability already attached to its serial number.
This would automatically track illegal channels, as well as stolen
articles.

If they can track cell phone activity to the degree they do, this
orders of magnitude less info should be easy to maintain.

OR someone should start a national product registry web site where
when a problem occurs, the registry forwards the info to the
appropriate maker, and they HAVE to honor their obligations of
warranty. Just like they track us for credit standing! This would put
the BBB out of business (they should be the ones that do it).

Mike

> I bought an RCA portable DVD player that broke within warranty. I sent it
> in. They sent me a BROKEN one back. It took me over a year to get my

money
> back after filing complaints with various consumer agencies.

Can you tell me the agencies you filed complaints with? I want to make sure
I have them all covered. If you read the reviews at Amazon, you can see I am
not the only one. There should be a class action lawsuit started.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...lance&n=172282

Roy L. Fuchs

On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 09:20:07 -0800, "Mike" <(E-Mail Removed)> Gave us:

> If you read the reviews at Amazon, you can see I am
>not the only one. There should be a class action lawsuit started.

Which would make some lawyers rich, but still would not solve your
problem any time soon, nor net your any remuneration.

GuessWho

Part of the problem may be due to the fact that the RCA and Thomson brands
no longer belong to the Thomson group of France. Thomson has just about
gotten out of the consumer electronics business and many of the products
using the RCA/Thomson logo are coming from an Indian company ( Videocon ) or
a Chinese company ( TCL ). For awhile now I've been seeing Westinghouse and
Sylvania products which are also now products from Chinese companies using
the purchased naming rites of these old US brands.

Wayne

"Roy L. Fuchs" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 15:42:52 -0500, Rich <(E-Mail Removed)> Gave us:
>
>>On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 00:14:27 GMT, Roy L. Fuchs
>><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>

>>Why the F--- in this day and age should someone have to
>>spend ANY time on long distance calls for this?
>>They should allow you to contract them via email, provide a component
>>serial number and THEY should provide the avenue to have it fixed.
>>-Rich

> With this, I am in much agreement. The same thing should happen when
> you BUY it. It should NOT require registration at all, and if bought
> from a legit store, the STORE should forward the sales info to the
> maker, and when you go to make a claim, any legally purchased product
> should have full traceability already attached to its serial number.
> This would automatically track illegal channels, as well as stolen
> articles.
>
> If they can track cell phone activity to the degree they do, this
> orders of magnitude less info should be easy to maintain.
>
> OR someone should start a national product registry web site where
> when a problem occurs, the registry forwards the info to the
> appropriate maker, and they HAVE to honor their obligations of
> warranty. Just like they track us for credit standing! This would put
> the BBB out of business (they should be the ones that do it).

Roy L. Fuchs

On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 18:41:01 GMT, "GuessWho" <(E-Mail Removed)> Gave us:

>Part of the problem...

In Usenet is that it is full of top posting Usenet retards like you.

http://interviews.slashdot.org/artic...mode=nocomment

In fact, you even fall into the more lame category of TOFU, you
****ing idiot.