Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Don't buy Pinnacle

Don't buy Pinnacle

bobo45

If you are looking for video softeware don't buy from pinnacle. If you

need any help your screwed big time. I have had a problem and they
have been working on it for about a month now and keep giving me the
run around for about a month now. I am falling so behind on my work
that today I have made up my mind to try other software, they have
caused me to much business. They asked if i would be interested in
upgrading to liquid because it is more stable and I said hell no you
you have been working on this problem for a month now and you want me
to buy something else that you may not be able to help me with
.....don't buy these products...if it works for you great but when you
run into problems you just screwed and they don't care...

TB

"bobo45" wrote:

> If you are looking for video softeware don't buy from pinnacle. If you
> need any help your screwed big time. I have had a problem and they
> have been working on it for about a month now and keep giving me the
> run around for about a month now. I am falling so behind on my work
> that today I have made up my mind to try other software, they have
> caused me to much business. They asked if i would be interested in
> upgrading to liquid because it is more stable and I said hell no you
> you have been working on this problem for a month now and you want me
> to buy something else that you may not be able to help me with
> ....don't buy these products...if it works for you great but when you
> run into problems you just screwed and they don't care...

Yeah, their DVD production software is incredibly buggy. probably the worst
software of any kind I've ever dealt with. It's too bad because on the
surface, it's really user-friendly and I prefer the overall interface to
just about any other low end consumer dvd authoring software but you can't
go 15 minutes without it crashing. And that's if you manage to install it
succesfully.

T.B.

Franke Carlino

On 24 Mar 2006 13:06:07 -0800, "bobo45" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>If you are looking for video softeware don't buy from pinnacle. If you
>
>need any help your screwed big time. I have had a problem and they
>have been working on it for about a month now and keep giving me the
>run around for about a month now. I am falling so behind on my work
>that today I have made up my mind to try other software, they have
>caused me to much business. They asked if i would be interested in
>upgrading to liquid because it is more stable and I said hell no you
>you have been working on this problem for a month now and you want me
>to buy something else that you may not be able to help me with
>....don't buy these products...if it works for you great but when you
>run into problems you just screwed and they don't care...

You didn't mention your problem so I can't offer any help.
I've been using Pinnacle Studio 9 and PCTV for two years without any
problems with the software. I recently experienced a slight problem with
dropping frames but that was because one of the mounts which held
the fan on my processor cracked and I had to replace the fan mount.
There's a Pinnacle forum you could check out:
http://www.pinnaclesys.com/wwwsuppor...k/frameset.htm
Hope this helps...
Peace,
Franke Carlino

LETS GO METS!!!

news

"bobo45" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> If you are looking for video softeware don't buy from pinnacle. If you
>
> need any help your screwed big time. I have had a problem and they
> have been working on it for about a month now and keep giving me the
> run around for about a month now. I am falling so behind on my work
> that today I have made up my mind to try other software, they have
> caused me to much business. They asked if i would be interested in
> upgrading to liquid because it is more stable and I said hell no you
> you have been working on this problem for a month now and you want me
> to buy something else that you may not be able to help me with
> ....don't buy these products...if it works for you great but when you
> run into problems you just screwed and they don't care...

Hmmm, been using studio 9 for 1 year with no problem

Steve

On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 08:33:42 -0500, "news" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"bobo45" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed) roups.com...
>> If you are looking for video softeware don't buy from pinnacle. If you
>>
>> need any help your screwed big time. I have had a problem and they
>> have been working on it for about a month now and keep giving me the
>> run around for about a month now. I am falling so behind on my work
>> that today I have made up my mind to try other software, they have
>> caused me to much business. They asked if i would be interested in
>> upgrading to liquid because it is more stable and I said hell no you
>> you have been working on this problem for a month now and you want me
>> to buy something else that you may not be able to help me with
>> ....don't buy these products...if it works for you great but when you
>> run into problems you just screwed and they don't care...
>>

>Hmmm, been using studio 9 for 1 year with no problem

Studio 9 is more stable than 10, or 10.5. I just bit the bullet and
upgraded to Liquid. Thankfully I got full credit through my
Distibutor for 10, and kept the bundle discount.

... Steve ..