Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > DVD Burning

DVD Burning

shocker

Very new at this so please bear with me. I have downloaded a movie
that has a AVI extension. How can I write this to a DVD? Do I have to
convert to a different extension, then burn to DVD?

brett.hambridge@gmail.com

You'll need to convert it but there's plent of AVI to DVD freeware on
the web - just google it and you'll find loads of software to do this.

I like winmpg (http://www.winmpg.com) which you can try for free (but
it'll brand your dvds in free mode) - it's only 30 dollars if you like
it though.

Brett
- Compare Region 2 DVDs at http://www.billybargain.co.uk
- Now with "Want it Cheaper" Feature!

Michael

shocker skrev :
> Very new at this so please bear with me. I have downloaded a movie
> that has a AVI extension. How can I write this to a DVD? Do I have to
> convert to a different extension, then burn to DVD?

You should try
www.gromit.dk/dvd

Regards

Stan Brown

Wed, 22 Mar 2006 15:01:53 +0100 from Michael <(E-Mail Removed)>:
> shocker skrev :
> > Very new at this so please bear with me. I have downloaded a movie
> > that has a AVI extension. How can I write this to a DVD? Do I have to
> > convert to a different extension, then burn to DVD?

> You should try
> www.gromit.dk/dvd

Great recommendation, except:

- It doesn't actually answer the question
- It's in Danish, and odds are the OP doesn't read Danish.
- It hasn't been updated in a year and a half.

http://OakRoadSystems.com/

Roy L. Fuchs

On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 15:01:53 +0100, "Michael" <(E-Mail Removed)> Gave us:

snip

To think that this group used to be about MOVIES on DVD, not ripping
them off, or netflix retarded posts.

Bob

On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 10:28:53 -0500, Stan Brown
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> > Very new at this so please bear with me. I have downloaded a movie
>> > that has a AVI extension. How can I write this to a DVD? Do I have to
>> > convert to a different extension, then burn to DVD?

>> You should try
>> www.gromit.dk/dvd

>Great recommendation, except:

> - It doesn't actually answer the question
> - It's in Danish, and odds are the OP doesn't read Danish.
> - It hasn't been updated in a year and a half.

Picky, picky, picky...

--

"How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads
Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-communist?

AZ Nomad

On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 15:01:53 +0100, Michael <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>shocker skrev :
>> Very new at this so please bear with me. I have downloaded a movie
>> that has a AVI extension. How can I write this to a DVD? Do I have to
>> convert to a different extension, then burn to DVD?

>You should try
>www.gromit.dk/dvd

>Regards

I cought it the first 5 times you posted this advertisement. Next time
you think it a great idea to post this spam, why don't you just **** off?

<plonk>

Stan Brown

Wed, 22 Mar 2006 17:20:52 GMT from AZ Nomad <(E-Mail Removed)>:
> I cought it the first 5 times you posted this advertisement. Next time
> you think it a great idea to post this spam, why don't you just **** off?

Next time _you_ think there's any point in responding to a spammer,
why don't you _not_ repost the link the spammer was advertising?

http://OakRoadSystems.com/

AZ Nomad

On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 15:38:43 -0500, Stan Brown <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Wed, 22 Mar 2006 17:20:52 GMT from AZ Nomad <(E-Mail Removed)>:
>> I cought it the first 5 times you posted this advertisement. Next time
>> you think it a great idea to post this spam, why don't you just **** off?

>Next time _you_ think there's any point in responding to a spammer,
>why don't you _not_ repost the link the spammer was advertising?

oops

TB

"Roy L. Fuchs" cried like a bitch on the rag:

> On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 15:01:53 +0100, "Michael" <(E-Mail Removed)> Gave us:
>
> snip
>
> To think that this group used to be about MOVIES on DVD, not ripping
> them off, or netflix retarded posts.

Bitch, bitch, bitch.

What, you gonna post something "on topic" like what screen savers people
have on their pc desktops again, you big, whiney baby? Why don't you worry
about keeping up with your meds and leave the adults on the newsgroup to
post whatever the **** they want -BITCH! HAHAHAHA!

T.B.