Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > problems copying mpegs to cd

problems copying mpegs to cd

Peter Brown

I've got mpegs that I want to copy onto a CD-R. I've done it previously but
now I keep having problems. Was the first time luck? I've adjusted the
burning speed from quickest to x1 but still no luck. Any advise?

Peter

Barry McCockiner

In article <44203960$(E-Mail Removed)>, Peter Brown
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I've got mpegs that I want to copy onto a CD-R. I've done it previously but
> now I keep having problems. ... no luck. Any advise?

We're going to need a *lot* more to go on than "problems" and "no
luck." What's the problem you're having? Verification failure?
Choppy playback? Won't even start burning? Is there an error message?
What kind of computer? What kind of burner? What kind of software?
What kind (brand and speed) of CD-R?

Paul LEFEBVRE

Barry McCockiner <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In article <44203960$(E-Mail Removed)>, Peter Brown
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> I've got mpegs that I want to copy onto a CD-R. I've done it previously but
>> now I keep having problems. ... no luck. Any advise?

>We're going to need a *lot* more to go on than "problems" and "no
>luck." What's the problem you're having? Verification failure?
>Choppy playback? Won't even start burning? Is there an error message?
>What kind of computer? What kind of burner? What kind of software?
>What kind (brand and speed) of CD-R?

If the cd is formatted, you should be able copy the files you want to
put on the cd just by dragging them over, like you'd copy any other
file. I don't claim to be an expert or anything, but that works for
me and it should work each time. On the other hand, I was trying to
made a Video CD for an older relative who doesn't have a computer but
has a dvd player, and for something like that I bought Nero (for
really cheap, the version without the box and manuals, the OEM version
they call it, for $1.99 at cheapsoftware). Works fine.

PL

Paul LEFEBVRE
londonpaul@*removethis*sympatico.ca
My book is now available on Amazon.com and other online booksellers, and at your favorite bookstore.
Visit my website for the link to the Amazon.com listing.
http://www.geocities.com/joeyp99

MPEGS from newsgroup messages Barry Computer Support 6 02-29-2004 04:52 PM
Streaming mpegs Paul F. Johnson HTML 3 12-03-2003 12:59 AM
Newsgroup Mpegs. Gary C Belleville Computer Support 1 10-29-2003 11:40 PM
need to lighten mpegs Cruiser Computer Support 0 08-24-2003 12:12 PM
MPEGs And Media Player Series 9 brojack77@my-deja.com Computer Support 6 07-15-2003 07:00 PM

Advertisments