Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Does HDMI automatically infer HDCP?

Does HDMI automatically infer HDCP?

auriga_m38@yahoo.com

Just wondering... do any existing dvd players that output via HDMI go
through HDCP "protection"? Or is HDCP exclusively he domain of
upcoming HD-DVD/Blu-Ray players?

Joshua Zyber

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Just wondering... do any existing dvd players that output via HDMI go
> through HDCP "protection"? Or is HDCP exclusively he domain of
> upcoming HD-DVD/Blu-Ray players?

DVD players with HDMI are also HDCP encrypted, as are most with DVI
outputs. This applies to cable and satellite receivers as well.