Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Blockbuster VS hollywood video

Blockbuster VS hollywood video

Tring to decide here. Looks like Hollywood video has better prices and
deals for renting ( we are old fashon and rent in store)

beavis

In article <Xns977A9063D2877k@207.217.125.201>, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Tring to decide here. Looks like Hollywood video has better prices and
> deals for renting ( we are old fashon and rent in store)

I like Hollywood much better. Blockbuster won't carry any movies
without MPAA ratings, and they tend to prefer "Full-screen" movies
(i.e., 40% of the picture chopped off the sides) versus wide-screen,
which drives me nuts.

Black Locust

In article <Xns977A9063D2877k@207.217.125.201>, k <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Tring to decide here. Looks like Hollywood video has better prices and
> deals for renting ( we are old fashon and rent in store)

It depends. Do you want to pay late fees? If so, head on over to
Hollywood Video. They'll nail you with several late fees each month. If
you don't, then go to Blockbuster.

Black Locust <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:bl2112-

> In article <Xns977A9063D2877k@207.217.125.201>, k <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Tring to decide here. Looks like Hollywood video has better prices and
>> deals for renting ( we are old fashon and rent in store)

> It depends. Do you want to pay late fees? If so, head on over to
> Hollywood Video. They'll nail you with several late fees each month. If
> you don't, then go to Blockbuster.

I rent from them from time to time. I have never paid a late fee. They give
you 5 days on the rental

Alan Smithee

"beavis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:020320061814378363%(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <Xns977A9063D2877k@207.217.125.201>, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Tring to decide here. Looks like Hollywood video has better prices and
>> deals for renting ( we are old fashon and rent in store)

> I like Hollywood much better. Blockbuster won't carry any movies
> without MPAA ratings, and they tend to prefer "Full-screen" movies
> (i.e., 40% of the picture chopped off the sides) versus wide-screen,
> which drives me nuts.

Then your Blockbuster must be a franchise store. The majority of
Blockbusters are corporate stores, and usually DO get the unrated version of
a movie, (The last one I saw that was available unrated that they didn't get
was "Team America: World Police") and DO usually get the widescreen version.

Alan Smithee

Mark Jones

beavis wrote:
> In article <Xns977A9063D2877k@207.217.125.201>, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Tring to decide here. Looks like Hollywood video has better prices
>> and deals for renting ( we are old fashon and rent in store)

> I like Hollywood much better. Blockbuster won't carry any movies
> without MPAA ratings, and they tend to prefer "Full-screen" movies
> (i.e., 40% of the picture chopped off the sides) versus wide-screen,
> which drives me nuts.

There are a very large number of unrated movies in my local Blockbuster.

They also carry mainly wide screen movies with very few 4:3 format
DVDs, unless they were shot that way to begin with.