Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Blockbuster.com: Talk about your SNAFUs!

Reply
Thread Tools

Blockbuster.com: Talk about your SNAFUs!

 
 
Rick
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-28-2006
I ordered "Out of the Past" from Blockbuster.com. It is a film noir
with Robert Mitchum. What I "get" is a DVD called "Out of the Past" -
however, it's a documentary on gay lifestyles.

Funny, huh? I laughed, too...until what follows happened:

I immediately seal it up, send it back, and report to BB that they
sent the wrong movie.

Today, I get a message in my box stating that I sent the wrong movie
back to them. Uh....no...

There are no boxes to check that says "no, really, you REALLY sent the
wrong movie" . And going to Customer Service and searching for "wrong
movie" doesn't take me anywhere.

Is there a number to call? I'm fed up, about to ditch their service,
but I don't want their stinkin' movie, and I don't want to get billed
for it.

Help, please?
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Fish! - THE Aristocrat.
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-28-2006
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) says...
> I ordered "Out of the Past" from Blockbuster.com. It is a film noir
> with Robert Mitchum. What I "get" is a DVD called "Out of the Past" -
> however, it's a documentary on gay lifestyles.
>
> Funny, huh? I laughed, too...until what follows happened:
>
> I immediately seal it up, send it back, and report to BB that they
> sent the wrong movie.
>
> Today, I get a message in my box stating that I sent the wrong movie
> back to them. Uh....no...
>
> There are no boxes to check that says "no, really, you REALLY sent the
> wrong movie" . And going to Customer Service and searching for "wrong
> movie" doesn't take me anywhere.
>
> Is there a number to call? I'm fed up, about to ditch their service,
> but I don't want their stinkin' movie, and I don't want to get billed
> for it.
>
> Help, please?
>


heh, SURE you ordered the wrong movie.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Agent_C
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-28-2006
On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 03:45:22 GMT, Rick <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Help, please?


There's nothing you can do; just lay back and enjoy it...

A_C

 
Reply With Quote
 
SW
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-28-2006
what's even funnier-- SNAFU is an old WWII term for "Situation Normal--
All F*cked Up". appropriate for your situation....

 
Reply With Quote
 
Bob
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-28-2006
On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 07:15:55 -0500, Agent_C
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 03:45:22 GMT, Rick <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Help, please?

>
>There's nothing you can do; just lay back and enjoy it...


Not true. The OP can call BB and have them fix the screwup.

1-866-692-2789 8:00AM - 7:00PM CT, M- F

If the Level 1 gives you a hard time, talk to a supervisor.


--

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one
persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress
depends on the unreasonable man."
 
Reply With Quote
 
Bob
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-28-2006
On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 03:45:22 GMT, Rick <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Is there a number to call?


1-866-692-2789 8:00AM - 7:00PM CT, M-F

I cancelled my account with one movie left to return. I mailed it back
and a month later they debited my card for the cost of the movie.

What happened is that when the movie was returned to their
distribution center, my account was already inactive, so the DVD did
not get posted properly. Later they could not find it, so the hit me
up for it.

After the usual hassle with Level 1 support, including a couple trips
to the supervisor, they promised to refund my money.


--

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one
persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress
depends on the unreasonable man."
 
Reply With Quote
 
GMAN
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-01-2006
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Agent_C <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 03:45:22 GMT, Rick <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Help, please?

>
>There's nothing you can do; just lay back and enjoy it...
>
>A_C
>

LMAO
 
Reply With Quote
 
Encore
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-03-2006
Dispute the charge with your Credit Card company. If they have no proof that
you received the film the Card company will refund to you the charge. The
card must be presented physically or proof of receipt must be presented or
the merchant loses. I know because I rent movies in Austin, Texas.



"Bob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 03:45:22 GMT, Rick <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >Is there a number to call?

>
> 1-866-692-2789 8:00AM - 7:00PM CT, M-F
>
> I cancelled my account with one movie left to return. I mailed it back
> and a month later they debited my card for the cost of the movie.
>
> What happened is that when the movie was returned to their
> distribution center, my account was already inactive, so the DVD did
> not get posted properly. Later they could not find it, so the hit me
> up for it.
>
> After the usual hassle with Level 1 support, including a couple trips
> to the supervisor, they promised to refund my money.
>
>
> --
>
> "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one
> persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress
> depends on the unreasonable man."



 
Reply With Quote
 
Bob
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-03-2006
On Fri, 03 Mar 2006 02:49:48 GMT, "Encore" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Dispute the charge with your Credit Card company.


I have done that before and succeeded in getting the chargebacks I
requested. However, you must do your homework first - you have to tell
the credit card company that you made several attempts to contact the
vendor and resolve the issue. In the cases where I got my money back,
the vendors refused to respond.

>If they have no proof that
>you received the film the Card company will refund to you the charge. The
>card must be presented physically or proof of receipt must be presented or
>the merchant loses. I know because I rent movies in Austin, Texas.


This was BB online DVD rentals.

BB did refund the money. I have a long history of returning DVDs so
they assumed I returned the one they claim they never got. I did
return it - I suspect it got lost because I had inactivated my account
and their decrepit software brainfarted when it did not know what to
do with the returned disc.

---

>"Bob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 03:45:22 GMT, Rick <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> >Is there a number to call?

>>
>> 1-866-692-2789 8:00AM - 7:00PM CT, M-F
>>
>> I cancelled my account with one movie left to return. I mailed it back
>> and a month later they debited my card for the cost of the movie.
>>
>> What happened is that when the movie was returned to their
>> distribution center, my account was already inactive, so the DVD did
>> not get posted properly. Later they could not find it, so the hit me
>> up for it.
>>
>> After the usual hassle with Level 1 support, including a couple trips
>> to the supervisor, they promised to refund my money.
>>
>>
>> --
>>
>> "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one
>> persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress
>> depends on the unreasonable man."

>
>


--

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one
persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress
depends on the unreasonable man."
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
VOIP-Buster nummbers free with Talk-Talk? PavaRodney UK VOIP 4 01-01-2007 12:37 PM
Change to Talk Talk Bob B Wireless Networking 2 08-24-2006 09:19 AM
Change to talk talk Bob B Computer Support 1 08-23-2006 08:49 PM
Skype and Talk Talk Sacred UK VOIP 9 08-01-2006 08:57 PM
Unable to post to talk.origins - but talk.atheism ok Rolf Computer Support 2 04-09-2006 09:48 AM



Advertisments