Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > NETFLIX has gone down the tubes

NETFLIX has gone down the tubes

funnsun34@hotmail.com

I don't know about anyone else, netflix has gone down the tubes.
Example I mail in 3 movies on Tuesday and here it is Thursday and they
show they have only received 1. The other two might show up in their
database tomorrow. Meaning I might get one tomorrow and just maybe two
on Saturday or even Monday. I'm getting a average of 3 a week and I
always turn them around the very next day. The depot is about a hour
away from my house so I know it's not the mail.
And I just love when you email them a comment. It the same response...
We're busy right now and thanks for the comments.
What kind of monkeys are running the freaken company.
WTF

Someone else needs to startup another rental/mail company because
netflix sucks!

Bob

On 23 Feb 2006 08:17:12 -0800, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>I don't know about anyone else, netflix has gone down the tubes.
>Example I mail in 3 movies on Tuesday and here it is Thursday and they
>show they have only received 1. The other two might show up in their
>database tomorrow. Meaning I might get one tomorrow and just maybe two
>on Saturday or even Monday. I'm getting a average of 3 a week and I
>always turn them around the very next day. The depot is about a hour
>away from my house so I know it's not the mail.
>And I just love when you email them a comment. It the same response...
>We're busy right now and thanks for the comments.
>What kind of monkeys are running the freaken company.
>WTF

Call them
1-888-638-3549
Speak "Live Agent"

>Someone else needs to startup another rental/mail company because
>netflix sucks!

NF is going thru the phase where they are trying to get as much out of
what is left of the business before it all collapses.

The executives will soon be snorkling in the Caymans or odelling in
the Alps by the time people figure out how they were suckered.

Best thing is to cancel the subscription and find something else to do
with your idle time.

If DVD rental was such a great business, how come WalMart got out of
it?

In Hillary Clinton's new book "Living History," Hillary details what
it was like meeting Bill Clinton, falling in love with him, getting
married, and living a passionate, wonderful life as husband and wife.
Then on page two, the trouble starts.

SoHillsGuy

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I don't know about anyone else, netflix has gone down the tubes.
> Example I mail in 3 movies on Tuesday and here it is Thursday and they
> show they have only received 1.

I know I'll probably get bashed for bringing up the obvious, but
perhaps it's just your distribution point that sucks and is going down
the tube. I have no doubt that many -- but not all -- complaints
registered by posters on these forums are probably just victims of bad
individualized service from their affiliates. As in all kinds of
businesses, each affiliate is only as good as the people working there.
(Yes, sure, probably some form of throttling exists on high-demand
movies, but I still suspect that good, old-fashioned incompetent
staffing is probably an equally-valid issue.)

I guess I should get down on my knees and thank the rental gods, but
our facility continues to operate at the other end of the spectrum.
If I mail out three movies on Tuesday, I have their replacements in my
hands by Thursday. (And no, I'm not a new customer still getting my
ass kissed by introductory service.)

Justin

(E-Mail Removed) wrote on [23 Feb 2006 08:17:12 -0800]:
> Someone else needs to startup another rental/mail company because
> netflix sucks!

What? the others that are out there aren't really out there?

Derek Janssen

Justin wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote on [23 Feb 2006 08:17:12 -0800]:
>
>>Someone else needs to startup another rental/mail company because
>>netflix sucks!

> What? the others that are out there aren't really out there?

In the case of Wal-Mart, yes.

Derek Janssen (and RentMyDVD's not feeling too healthy, neither)
(E-Mail Removed)

GF

I also think its the distribution center. In the last month, I have
received the wrong movie three times. Also, I have had a bunch of
titles on long wait/very long wait for months. Some since November.
Netflix lowered their monthly fee to compete with other rental
companies but they won't address the direct dissatisfaction of their
customers.

Penny wise and dollar foolish.

GF

On 23 Feb 2006 08:17:12 -0800, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>I don't know about anyone else, netflix has gone down the tubes.
>Example I mail in 3 movies on Tuesday and here it is Thursday and they
>show they have only received 1. The other two might show up in their
>database tomorrow. Meaning I might get one tomorrow and just maybe two
>on Saturday or even Monday. I'm getting a average of 3 a week and I
>always turn them around the very next day. The depot is about a hour
>away from my house so I know it's not the mail.
>And I just love when you email them a comment. It the same response...
>We're busy right now and thanks for the comments.
>What kind of monkeys are running the freaken company.
>WTF
>
>Someone else needs to startup another rental/mail company because
>netflix sucks!

Jeff Rife

((E-Mail Removed)) wrote in alt.video.dvd:

> [snip]

Oh, look, another Google-posting, hotmail-addressed anonymous Netflix
whiner.

Well, actually, it's more likely one of the same ones we have seen
before.

--
Jeff Rife |
| http://www.nabs.net/Cartoons/Dilbert/Sins.jpg

gunner

Give Block Buster a shot..Then you'll really have something to bitch about.
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>I don't know about anyone else, netflix has gone down the tubes.
> Example I mail in 3 movies on Tuesday and here it is Thursday and they
> show they have only received 1. The other two might show up in their
> database tomorrow. Meaning I might get one tomorrow and just maybe two
> on Saturday or even Monday. I'm getting a average of 3 a week and I
> always turn them around the very next day. The depot is about a hour
> away from my house so I know it's not the mail.
> And I just love when you email them a comment. It the same response...
> We're busy right now and thanks for the comments.
> What kind of monkeys are running the freaken company.
> WTF
>
> Someone else needs to startup another rental/mail company because
> netflix sucks!

Stan Brown

Thu, 23 Feb 2006 14:44:53 -0500 from Jeff Rife <(E-Mail Removed)>:
> Oh, look, another Google-posting, hotmail-addressed anonymous Netflix
> whiner.

Hint: Kill files.

I never see any crap from Google Groups any more, unless someone
quotes it.

Usenet Improvement Project: http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html

http://OakRoadSystems.com/

RobMac

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>I don't know about anyone else, netflix has gone down the tubes.
> Example I mail in 3 movies on Tuesday and here it is Thursday and they
> show they have only received 1. The other two might show up in their
> database tomorrow. Meaning I might get one tomorrow and just maybe two
> on Saturday or even Monday. I'm getting a average of 3 a week and I
> always turn them around the very next day. The depot is about a hour
> away from my house so I know it's not the mail.
> And I just love when you email them a comment. It the same response...
> We're busy right now and thanks for the comments.
> What kind of monkeys are running the freaken company.
> WTF
>
> Someone else needs to startup another rental/mail company because
> netflix sucks!

I went from getting about 6/week (from about mid-2003 when I joined until
October 2005) to about 1 every 2 weeks in December, I had no less than 10
movies in my queue (popular titles, not hard to find indie crap) that read
"very long wait", "long wait" or "short wait" for more than 3 months!
Imagine titles like The Matrix, or Terminator 3 taking more than 3 months to
get!

Once they limited my "unlimited" rentals down to 5 per month, I quit.

Netflix sucks, and I will never return.