Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Alternative to Nero Express

Alternative to Nero Express

P.C. Ford

I've been using Nero Express v.6. It cam with my Sony burner. And in
general, it has been fine. However, there is one problem that is
vexing. When I set up chapter icons from the project footage, they
seem to slip and slide around. In other words, the point in the
footage that I choose to be the icon for the chapter will change by
the time I am ready to burn.

Any ideas for curing this? Another low cost alternative?

bmr.bluealpha@gmail.com

That the frames in the "free" express version you don't get all the
goodies of seeing exactly where you are by manually editing it.

P.C. Ford

On 21 Feb 2006 12:54:02 -0800, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>That the frames in the "free" express version you don't get all the
>goodies of seeing exactly where you are by manually editing it.

Uhhhhh, that's right. But what's the cure or replacement?

Steve

On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 13:18:30 -0800, P.C. Ford <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On 21 Feb 2006 12:54:02 -0800, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>>That the frames in the "free" express version you don't get all the
>>goodies of seeing exactly where you are by manually editing it.

>Uhhhhh, that's right. But what's the cure or replacement?

Nero is not a DVD authoring program anyway, you should be using DVDlab
or some such; but as for accuracy, chapter markers can only be set on
I-frames, the beginning of a GOP, so they are only accurate to at best
15 frames.

... Steve ..