Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > finalizing DVD's

finalizing DVD's

astraea41@aol.com

Is there a risk to not finalizing DVD's besides compatibility with
other machines?
The reason I ask is I just finished 30 hours of dubbing 8mm tape and I
may add chapters and do some editing. The tapes were old and I may
never get them to DVD again. What would you folks do ? Thanx!

Bill Vermillion

In article <(E-Mail Removed). com>,
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Is there a risk to not finalizing DVD's besides compatibility with
>other machines?
>The reason I ask is I just finished 30 hours of dubbing 8mm tape and I
>may add chapters and do some editing. The tapes were old and I may
>never get them to DVD again. What would you folks do ? Thanx!

You could finalize it and if you want to work on it later perhaps
you could copy it. All DVDs except +RW need to be finalized.

Bill

--
Bill Vermillion - bv @ wjv . com

astraea41@aol.com

Thanks Bill,
I do not know why I did not think it out as clearly as you put it.
Anyway thanks !