Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > help,I have a sony dw-22a dvd r/w in my computer and a mintek 1600 dvd player

help,I have a sony dw-22a dvd r/w in my computer and a mintek 1600 dvd player

maniacmechanic01@nospam.yahoo.com

i can't play the DVD's I I burned to a maxell DVD-r to play in my
mintek 1600,but they will play in my sony in the computer.
and the maxell dvd+r also will not play in my mintek dvd player...

what ones will actually play in my mintek 1600 burner,IF I burned them
using my sony DVD writer?

it's the only one i have......

beavis

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> i can't play the DVD's I I burned to a maxell DVD-r to play in my
> mintek 1600,but they will play in my sony in the computer.
> and the maxell dvd+r also will not play in my mintek dvd player...

Maxell media are absolutely the *worst* blank media, CD or DVD, that
you can possibly buy. Nothing is less reliable nor less compatible
with other players.

Between DVD+R and DVD-R, the DVD-R are more likely to work in a home
DVD player. Slowing down the burn speed may also help compatibility
with some players.

Do keep in mind that the Mintek 1600 is a very basic player, and is not
nearly as flexible about the media it can handle as a more
full-featured player. But, that said...

> what ones will actually play in my mintek 1600 burner,IF I burned them
> using my sony DVD writer?

If you can buy in bulk, you can get a 100-pack of Taiyo-Yuden DVD-R
media from meritline.com or supermediastore.com for around $35 shipped;
probably less. If any DVD-R is going to work in that Mintek, this is
the brand that will.

If you need smaller quantities or have to buy retail, Verbatim DVD-R
might work too. I've had poor results with TDK DVD-R as well in home
players; they seem to work great on computers, but not consumer
players.

You should take a look at http://www.videohelp.com/ too. They have a
database of players and burners, and it will help you figure out what
others have had success with. Unfortunately there aren't too many
reports on that specific player, so it's hard to judge what's most
compatible.

Good luck. I really think the cheap media is your issue here, assuming
you're authoring the DVDs properly as regular DVD Video discs, and not
simply dumping video files (.mpg, .wmv, etc.) directly onto the discs.