Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Making DVDs

Making DVDs

gripbyte

All,

My wife and I have a large library of VHS tapes. Just out of college and an
ever growing collection of small children, our Friday dates were: 1) Buy a
movie, 2) Order a pizza, and 3) Watch as much as we could in between diaper
changes or referee interventions.

So, we have about 200+ VHS tapes, which are neatly arranged around the fire
place and TV.

My wife wants to shrink this down onto DVDs. However, macrovision has
intervened.

We purchased an LG LRY-517 to try to convert as many as possible. We have
many tapes from the early and mid 80s, no problem. But obviously, we have
many newer titles.

I need a work around to make DVDs from them, legal copies for my own
archival needs, or replace them with new DVDs at retail.

Any help would be appreciated. I did hack the region software with good
results, although I only own region 1 DVDs, so obviously there are ways to
hack the firmware.

Merlin

news:C01F4A21.2515%(E-Mail Removed)

http://www.godvd.info/