Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Wanted: R4 PAL DVD player for U.S. computer

Wanted: R4 PAL DVD player for U.S. computer

Charles Eggen

My computer's combo DVD/CD writer can play other than R1 discs, but
with a limit of five times. Therefore, where can I get a computer DVD
player that plays R4/R0 PAL discs without this five change aspect?
I have a player for my TV that handles all zones, PAL and NTSC,
without this nonsense, where can I get such a unit, preferabley
internal, for my computer?
Please help this old fool.

Charles in Oregon

Paul

Charles Eggen wrote:
> My computer's combo DVD/CD writer can play other than R1 discs, but
> with a limit of five times. Therefore, where can I get a computer DVD
> player that plays R4/R0 PAL discs without this five change aspect?

You don't need new hardware. Try this:

http://www.dvdidle.com/dvd-region-free.htm

Biz

Your PC drive will playback R0(region free) disks all day long. There are
several apps as well as possible region-free firmware available to bypass
the 5 change limit....

Just do a little googling....

Sicne 2000, you cannot buy region-free drives legally for a PC....
"Charles Eggen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> My computer's combo DVD/CD writer can play other than R1 discs, but
> with a limit of five times. Therefore, where can I get a computer DVD
> player that plays R4/R0 PAL discs without this five change aspect?
> I have a player for my TV that handles all zones, PAL and NTSC,
> without this nonsense, where can I get such a unit, preferabley
> internal, for my computer?
> Please help this old fool.
>
> Charles in Oregon

P Pron

Charles Eggen wrote:
|| My computer's combo DVD/CD writer can play other than R1 discs, but
|| with a limit of five times. Therefore, where can I get a computer DVD
|| player that plays R4/R0 PAL discs without this five change aspect?
|| I have a player for my TV that handles all zones, PAL and NTSC,
|| without this nonsense, where can I get such a unit, preferabley
|| internal, for my computer?
|| Please help this old fool.
|| Charles in Oregon

http://www.dvd43.com/ - free, and works for me!

paul

Stephen Stewart

"Charles Eggen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> My computer's combo DVD/CD writer can play other than R1 discs, but
> with a limit of five times. Therefore, where can I get a computer DVD
> player that plays R4/R0 PAL discs without this five change aspect?
> I have a player for my TV that handles all zones, PAL and NTSC,
> without this nonsense, where can I get such a unit, preferabley
> internal, for my computer?
> Please help this old fool.
>
> Charles in Oregon

What make and model is your DVD writer.

Stephen

Charles Eggen

On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 18:13:00 +0000 (UTC), "Stephen Stewart"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Charles Eggen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>>
>> My computer's combo DVD/CD writer can play other than R1 discs, but
>> with a limit of five times. Therefore, where can I get a computer DVD
>> player that plays R4/R0 PAL discs without this five change aspect?
>> I have a player for my TV that handles all zones, PAL and NTSC,
>> without this nonsense, where can I get such a unit, preferabley
>> internal, for my computer?
>> Please help this old fool.
>>
>> Charles in Oregon

>What make and model is your DVD writer.
>

>Stephen

TSST corp CD/DVDW TS-H552B

Charles

Charles Eggen

On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 17:31:59 -0000, "P Pron"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Charles Eggen wrote:
>|| My computer's combo DVD/CD writer can play other than R1 discs, but
>|| with a limit of five times. Therefore, where can I get a computer DVD
>|| player that plays R4/R0 PAL discs without this five change aspect?
>|| I have a player for my TV that handles all zones, PAL and NTSC,
>|| without this nonsense, where can I get such a unit, preferabley
>|| internal, for my computer?
>|| Please help this old fool.
>|| Charles in Oregon
>
>http://www.dvd43.com/ - free, and works for me!
>
>paul

Thanks, but this would seem to be a decrypter program for copying.
That is not what I am wanting to do. I only want to view all zone, PAL
and NTSC discs, without the five change limit that is built into my
current unit.

Thanks for the response,

Charles

Stephen Stewart

"Charles Eggen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 18:13:00 +0000 (UTC), "Stephen Stewart"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>"Charles Eggen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>>>
>>> My computer's combo DVD/CD writer can play other than R1 discs, but
>>> with a limit of five times. Therefore, where can I get a computer DVD
>>> player that plays R4/R0 PAL discs without this five change aspect?
>>> I have a player for my TV that handles all zones, PAL and NTSC,
>>> without this nonsense, where can I get such a unit, preferabley
>>> internal, for my computer?
>>> Please help this old fool.
>>>
>>> Charles in Oregon

>>What make and model is your DVD writer.
>>

>>Stephen
>>

> TSST corp CD/DVDW TS-H552B
>
> Charles

You can get region free firmware for this drive from here.

http://tdb.rpc1.org/#TSH552B

Flash your drive with the firmware and download DVD Region Killer from here.

http://pioneerdvd.rpc1.org/

The firmware rupgrade removes the limit from your hardware and the software
does the same for the Windows side of things as there are limits built in to
it as well.

Stephen

Bill Vermillion

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Charles Eggen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 17:31:59 -0000, "P Pron"
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>http://www.dvd43.com/ - free, and works for me!
>>
>>paul
>>

>Thanks, but this would seem to be a decrypter program for copying.
>That is not what I am wanting to do. I only want to view all zone, PAL
>and NTSC discs, without the five change limit that is built into my
>current unit.

If that's what you want to do then those programs are right for
you. They effectively sit between the disk and the player and
present them as region one or region free.

Bill

--
Bill Vermillion - bv @ wjv . com

P Pron

Bill Vermillion wrote:
|| In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
|| Charles Eggen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
||| Thanks, but this would seem to be a decrypter program for copying.
||| That is not what I am wanting to do. I only want to view all zone,
||| PAL and NTSC discs, without the five change limit that is built
||| into my current unit.
|| If that's what you want to do then those programs are right for
|| you. They effectively sit between the disk and the player and
|| present them as region one or region free.
|| Bill

Exactly - it is what I use in order to watch DVDs from other regions.

paul

PAL to PAL Mickey Mouse DVD Video 8 01-30-2006 02:51 PM
dvd player that plays pal ABS Computer Support 3 09-01-2005 02:45 AM
Region 1 to 2 & PAL the new 10-hour Panasonic DVD-LS93 Costco DVD player? windytheweather03@yahoo.com DVD Video 79 08-13-2005 01:09 AM
Can a PAL DVD be played on an NTSC DVD Player ? camry@cnospamcanada.com DVD Video 19 07-07-2004 02:43 PM
pal-i and pal-b boon Computer Support 2 01-28-2004 10:37 PM

Advertisments