Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > REQ Suggest good software for Video File Information

REQ Suggest good software for Video File Information

Clubsprint

G'day all
Can someo0ne point me towards some good software that will supply
information
on most video files. I've used Gspot but it only appears to recognise AVI
files.
Wanting frame rate type info etc. Preferrably freeware.
Thanks
Regards
Mark

Ken Maltby

"Clubsprint" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:dt798c$hel$(E-Mail Removed)...
> G'day all
> Can someo0ne point me towards some good software that will supply
> information
> on most video files. I've used Gspot but it only appears to recognise AVI
> files.
> Wanting frame rate type info etc. Preferrably freeware.
> Thanks
> Regards
> Mark

GSpot provides a good deal of information on MPEG.
Just what format are you trying to examine or what are the
extensions of the files you need to establish the format of.

Luck;
Ken

Gregory Kleverlaan

A better one to try is called "Avi Codec"

And can be downloaded here http://avicodec.duby.info/

"Clubsprint" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:dt798c$hel$(E-Mail Removed)...
> G'day all
> Can someo0ne point me towards some good software that will supply
> information on most video files. I've used Gspot but it only appears to
> recognise AVI files. Wanting frame rate type info etc. Preferrably
> freeware.

Clubsprint

"Ken Maltby" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> GSpot provides a good deal of information on MPEG.
> Just what format are you trying to examine or what are the
> extensions of the files you need to establish the format of.
>
> Luck;
> Ken

Hi Ken
It's a mpg file but Gspot really doesn't tell me anything about the file.
I've been trying to turn it into a dvd with quite a few different packages
and
I'm having all sorts of audio sync problems.
Regards
Mark

Clubsprint

"Gregory Kleverlaan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:43f79d76$0$17079$(E-Mail Removed)...
>A better one to try is called "Avi Codec"
>
> And can be downloaded here http://avicodec.duby.info/

Cheers
Mark

Highlandish

Quoth The Raven; Gregory Kleverlaan <(E-Mail Removed)> in
<43f79d76$0$17079$(E-Mail Removed)>
>A better one to try is called "Avi Codec"
>
> And can be downloaded here http://avicodec.duby.info/

that keeps crashing every time i attempt to look at a video

--
Remove the _CURSEING to reply to me

Whoever thought up the word "Mammogram"? Every time I hear it, I think
I'm supposed to put my breast in an envelope and send it to someone.
-Jan King

Ken Maltby

"Clubsprint" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:dt8lk4$hfv$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Ken Maltby" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> GSpot provides a good deal of information on MPEG.
>> Just what format are you trying to examine or what are the
>> extensions of the files you need to establish the format of.
>>
>> Luck;
>> Ken
>>

> Hi Ken
> It's a mpg file but Gspot really doesn't tell me anything about the file.
> I've been trying to turn it into a dvd with quite a few different packages
> and
> I'm having all sorts of audio sync problems.
> Regards
> Mark

You can get more info using the "Show Video Program Info"
selection under the "Tools" tab of VideoReDo. It can also
correct MPEG that is "out of sync". It's a frame accurate editor,
also.

www.VideoReDo.com for a free trial download.

Luck;
Ken