Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Cox blocking Netflix emails ???

Cox blocking Netflix emails ???

PC Medic

OK, I have not gotten a shipping (resceived/sent) status email from NF in a
couple weeks and did not think too much of it, but today I log into my
account and at the top in big red letters says "your email address is
invalid".
Odd, I think as I have not changed anything so I proceed to try and update
it as instrcted, but each time get a message that the email address I
submitted is not a valid email address. So I call their "support" number and
the only repetitive answer I can get from the girl that answered is "The
only way that message would appear is if you have your SPAM filter set to
reject our emails". Well I certainly don't and the local Cox support says it
is not them either. Anyone else with a cox.net email having this problem?

none

Yes, I had the same problem. I don't know who is to blame. Oddly
enough, when I changed the e-mail to yahoo I got an e-mail from Netflix on
cox saying I changed my e-mail. The e-mails aren't worth a damn anyways.

none

Another thing, I don't think Cox blocks spam because I get tons of spam. I
don't have any spam filter that I know of.

xeaglecrest@att.net

none wrote:

> Another thing, I don't think Cox blocks spam because I get tons of spam. I
> don't have any spam filter that I know of.

I think there was some sort of glitch in their system as I had the same
thing happen. When I entered a change of e-mail address, I immediatly
got a reply to my 'invalid' address.

johnsauer@adelphia.net

COX isn't the only one having trouble with Netflix. I have ADELPHIA
and they too are getting the same "Your Email is invalid message". The
problem is with NETFLIX, they just will not admit it. I called again
today (I have called many times in the past few weeks). Netflix again
insists the problem is with spam filters and such. There is no spam
filter which is blocking netflix emails. I get their customer service
emails just fine. It is the daily emails that I miss. The ones that
say what movie has shipped or has been received back by Netflix. I
suspect after enough people from COX and ADELPHIA complain to Netflix
they will put the resources into the problem and fix it. SO keep
calling Netflix, not your ISP.

> none wrote:
> >
> > Another thing, I don't think Cox blocks spam because I get tons of spam. I
> > don't have any spam filter that I know of.

> I think there was some sort of glitch in their system as I had the same
> thing happen. When I entered a change of e-mail address, I immediatly
> got a reply to my 'invalid' address.

PastorVor

Cox blocking is just wrong...

johnsauer@adelphia.net

FIXED. Netflix has found their problem and it has been resolved. The
hoops they suggested I take to "fix" the problem on my side? LOL I
never did them. ANd magically today, I am getting emails, andnot
getting the "Invalid Email" messaeg when logging into Netflix.
So...... If I did nothing and it works, hmmmm, .... maybe
Netflix really did have a problem, and they really did (finally) put
some resources into it and FIX it. Thanks Netflix!!!!! (This is
for Adelphia, I assume COX is now working too, but have no way to
tell).

piotor norton

>COX isn't the only one having trouble with Netflix.

I believe ISPs are blocking COX.net or Cablevison.com because it
is notorious as a source of brainless spam and source of wannabe
hackers.

AZ Nomad

On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 07:26:58 -0800, piotor norton <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>COX isn't the only one having trouble with Netflix.

> I believe ISPs are blocking COX.net or Cablevison.com because it
>is notorious as a source of brainless spam and source of wannabe
>hackers.

bullshit.

I use cox and netflix works perfectly.