Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > New releases: Memoirs of a Geisha, King Kong Collection & Napoleon Dynamite CE: Updated complete downloadable R1 DVD DB & info lists

New releases: Memoirs of a Geisha, King Kong Collection & Napoleon Dynamite CE: Updated complete downloadable R1 DVD DB & info lists

Doug MacLean

On April 25th Universal will release more two film packs. Each will list for
$26.99.
40-Year-Old Virgin (R-Rated Version/ Widescreen) / American Wedding (Special
Edition/ Widescreen/ ...)
40-Year-Old Virgin (Unrated Version/ Widescreen) / American Wedding
(Extended Party Edition/ Widescreen/ ...)
American Pie: Band Camp (R-Rated Version/ Pan & Scan) / American Pie 2
(Special Edition/ Pan & Scan/ ...)
American Pie: Band Camp (Unrated Version/ Widescreen) / American Pie
(Special Edition/ Unrated Version)
Broken Flowers / Lost In Translation (Widescreen)
Cinderella Man (Widescreen) / Seabiscuit (2003/ Special Edition/ Widescreen)
Perfect Man (Special Edition/ Widescreen) / Wedding Date (Special Edition/
Widescreen)
Serenity (Widescreen) / Chronicles Of Riddick (Widescreen)
Skeleton Key (Widescreen) / Cry_Wolf [Cry Wolf] (Unrated Version/
Widescreen)

Warner Brothers/HBO will release Everybody Loves Raymond: The Complete 6th
Season on May 9th, The list price will be $44.98.

Rumor Has It Will also be released by Warner Brothers on May 9th. There will
be both Pan & Scan and anamorphic widescreen, both with Dolby 5.1 audio and
listing for $28.99.

Fox has a number of titles just added to their release list:
April 4th:
God's Ambassador

April 25th:
Dr Dolittle Giftset (Pan & Scan)
Dr Dolittle Giftset (Widescreen)
Dr Dolittle 3

May 2nd:
King Of The Hill: Season 6

May 9th:
Family Guy: Freakin Sweet Collection (UMD)
Poseidon Adventure (2 Disc/Special Edition)
Towering Inferno (2 Disc)
X2: X-Men United (UMD)
X-Men (UMD)

May 16th:
Big Valley: Season #1
Hill Street Blues: The Complete 2nd Season
Napoleon Dynamite (2 Disc/Collector's Edition)
Ringer

May 23rd:
100 Rifles
Back Door To Hell
Boondock Saints (Unrated/Special Edition / UMD)
Boondock Saints (Unrated/Special Edition)
Boston Legal: Season #1
Cheaper By The Dozen 2
Compulsion
Culpepper Cattle Company
Decision Before Dawn
Donnie Darko (UMD)
Guns At Batasi
Immortal Sergeant
Kingdom Of Heaven (4 Disc/Director's Cut)
Last Wagon
M*A*S*H (MASH): Season 10
Murder, Inc.
Proud One
Seven Ups
That 70's Show:- Season 4
These Thousand Hills
Yellow Sky
You're In The Navy Now

Coming soon from Paramount:
April 11th:
Mission Impossible (Special Edition)
Mission Impossible Collector's Set
Mission: Impossible 2 (2 Disc)

May 16th:
Lazytown: Sports Candy Festival

May 23rd:
Alvin & The Chipmunks: Chipmunk Adventure
Blue Iguana
Catherine The Great (2005)
Fairly Oddparents: Fairy Idol
Wings: Seasons 1-2

May 30th:
Avatar Book 1 #3
Backyardigans: Surf's Up

Tales From The Crypt: Seasons 1-3 will be released by Warner Brothers/HBO on
February 28th listing for $106.95.

Due out from A&E on June 27th:
Amityville: The Haunting
Cola Wars
Earp Brothers: Lawmen Of The West
Edward R. Murrow: Voices Of America
Guardian Of The Ages: The Great Sphinx
History Of Toys And Games
Inside The Mind Of A Suicide Bomber
Johnny Depp
Larry Flynt: Fighting Dirty
Lost Castles Of England
Miraculous Canals Of Venice
Nelson Rockefeller: Passionate Millionaire
Pirate Ships
Sacred Places
Saddam's Bombmaker
Strom Thurmond
Sunken City
Viking Explorers
Witches
Each has a list price of $24.95.

Sony Pictures has a new variation of the two pack, bundling the DVD and UMD
versions together. They will release a couple of these hybrid packs on March
28th:
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (UMD/DVD 2 Pack)
Grudge (UMD/DVD 2 Pack)
Suggested retail price is $28.95.

King Kong Collection: King Kong (1933/ 2-Disc w/ tin) / Mighty Joe Young /
Son Of Kong will be released on March 28th listing for $49.95.

Memoirs of a Geisha will be released by Sony Pictures on March 28th. There
are six ways to get this film so far, either the Pan & Scan or widescreen or
packaged with another film:
Memoirs of a Geisha (Fullscreen) / Little Women: Collector's Series (2 Pack)
Memoirs of a Geisha (Fullscreen) / Seven Years in Tibet (2-Pack)
Memoirs of a Geisha (Widescreen) / Little Women: Collector's Series (2 Pack)
Memoirs of a Geisha (Widescreen) / Seven Years in Tibet (2 Pack)
The single film releases will list for $28.95 with $36.95 for the two film
packs.

Sony Pictures also has announced Breakfast On Pluto for release on April
18th retailing for $24.95.

A couple of new titles from Amine Works, set for release on February 14th:
Kite (Anime Works/ w/ T-Shirt)
Mezzo (Anime Works/ w/ T-Shirt)
Each will list for $29.95.

Due out from Delta Entertainment with a release date of March 21st:
Essential Blackjack: A Guide For Players And Dealers
Essential Craps: A Guide For Players And Dealers
Essential Roulette: A Guide For Players And Dealers
How To Make Money Playing Texas Hold'em Poker
Rudolph Valentino: The Great Lover
Space Mission: Reaching For The Stars
Space Views: A Journey Around The World With Spectacular Pictures From The
Space Shuttle
List price for each is $6.99.

Koch has a few releases set for May 2nd:
Bootleggers
Funkmaster Flex: Car Show
Night With Chieli Minucci & Special Efx
Pirates Of The Silver Screen Collection
Ultimate Film Noir Collection

Major League Baseball Bloopers will be released by Sony Pictures on June
27th. Retail price will be $19.95.

Please note: UMD refers to Universal Media Discs, a variation used by
Playstation 2 devices.

in several formats as well as daily changes. Currently the main database
contains 79,935 titles. Changes and additions this week number 339 and there
are 2,724 due to be released titles. Updated lists for discontinued,
cancelled, postponed and rescheduled titles as well as lists for DTS, ES/EX
and Superbit titles. UPC numbers and original release dates are included in
the fields. There is also a comprehensive list of titles that were
rescheduled or reissued. Search function for the database, (including UPC
search) complements of site partner and friend, Michael's Movie
Mayhemhttp://www.dvdlist.kazart.com.

Current previews include Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Rent and Pulse
(Kairo) and The Untold Story of Emmett Louis Till. Recent reviews include
Grey's Anatomy: Season One, Tori Amos Collection, Emergency Season 2, Magnum
PI Season 3, Knight Rider Seaqson 3, A-Team Season 3, Repo Man, Dune
(1984), The War Within, The Aristocrats, Flightplan and Streets of Legend,
Enron: Smartest Guys in the Room, Broken Flowers and Two for the Money, .
Updates to the DVD database, including release specifications usually made
twice daily.

Please stop by and visit.
Thank you.

Doug MacLean

http://www.hometheaterinfo.com/.

Bratboy

"Doug MacLean" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:AzeIf.496$(E-Mail Removed)...

> King Kong Collection: King Kong (1933/ 2-Disc w/ tin) / Mighty Joe Young /
> Son Of Kong will be released on March 28th listing for $49.95.
>

> Please stop by and visit.
> Thank you.
>
> Doug MacLean
>
> http://www.hometheaterinfo.com/.

Hasn't this set been out since before xmas? I seem to recall I picked it up
back in Dec at least. Or did you mean there is a UMD set coming?

jayembee

"Bratboy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "Doug MacLean" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
>
>> King Kong Collection: King Kong (1933/ 2-Disc w/ tin) / Mighty Joe
>> Young / Son Of Kong will be released on March 28th listing for
>> $49.95.

> Hasn't this set been out since before xmas? I seem to recall I picked
> it up back in Dec at least. Or did you mean there is a UMD set coming?

Depends on what you mean. There was a general release boxed set that
included all three films. There was also a Best Buy exclusive set
that had all three films, with the original KK in a "collectible tin".
From Doug's description, tt sounds like this latter is getting a wider,
non-exclusive release.

-- jayembee