Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Apple iPod trash, like all Apple products

Apple iPod trash, like all Apple products

Rich

Did anyone really think they were going to get 2 gig of memory AND
a top flight colour screen for $250? Morons. Still, Apple shouldn't
have promoted the things the way they did.
How can anyone watch a movie or video on such a device?
-Rich

Apple Computer has been hit with a lawsuit demanding that the Silicon
Valley company provide free replacements for scratched screens on its
hot-selling, pocket-sized iPod nano music players.

Instead of replacing scratched nanos at no cost to buyers, Apple
charges a fee of 25 dollars (US), according to attorney Bruce Simon,
who authored the suit.

Apple will be served with a copy of the suit this week, and then have
30 days to file a response with the court, Simon's law firm said on
Monday.

An April date has been set for rival lawyers to discuss the case with
a judge.

The suit, filed in San Mateo County Superior Court a short distance
south of San Francisco, is the latest of about a dozen accusing Apple
of selling nanos that don't fulfill the promise of "gorgeous color
screens."

"Contrary to Apple's representations, the iPod nano is defective,"
Simon wrote in an aspiring class-action suit filed on behalf of a
California man.

When introducing the nano in September of 2005, Apple chief executive
officer Steve Jobs proudly plucked one from the coin pocket of his
jeans, Simon noted.

"Selling 'cool' stuff isn't 'cool' if the stuff doesn't work as
advertised and Apple fails to comply with its obligations under its
warranty and California laws," said Harvey Rosenfield, a lawyer for
the Foundation of Taxpayer and Consumer Rights, which is involved in
the suit.

"Like every other industry, Apple must fix products that are defective
for free, and refund the costs incurred by its customers."

Apple representatives said it was company policy not to comment on
pending litigation.

"Normal and reasonable use of the product, including the use specified
by Apple, results in severe scratches, streaks, scuffing and cracking
on the device's screen," the suit charged.

In the wake of rampant complaints about scratched nano screens last
year, Apple said only a tiny fraction of nano buyers had reported
problems.

Apple has sold more than 42 million iPods, the most popular MP3 music
player on the market, according to the suit.

In the final quarter of 2005, ending with the Christmas holiday, iPod
sales averaged about 100 per minute, the suit reported.

The suit called on the court to order Apple, based in Cupertino,
California, to also pay legal fees and damages.

© 2006 AFP

This news is brought to you by PhysOrg.com

beavis

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Rich
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Did anyone really think they were going to get 2 gig of memory AND
> a top flight colour screen for $250? Morons. Still, Apple shouldn't
> have promoted the things the way they did.
> How can anyone watch a movie or video on such a device?

The $250, 2 gig device with the smallest screen *doesn't* play video.
The $300, 30-gig one with a larger screen does.

> Apple Computer has been hit with a lawsuit demanding that the Silicon
> Valley company provide free replacements for scratched screens on its
> hot-selling, pocket-sized iPod nano music players.

It's plastic. Plastic scratches. God people are stupid sometimes. If
you're afraid of scratches, you get a case -- the Nano even COMES with
a free case, if you care to use it!

I've had mine for four years. It works, and looks fine, because I TAKE
CARE OF MY PURCHASE. These morons in the lawsuit should consider the
same if they want it to stay pristine.

Walter Traprock

Rich <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Did anyone really think they were going to get 2 gig of memory AND
> a top flight colour screen for $250? Morons. Still, Apple shouldn't
> have promoted the things the way they did.
> How can anyone watch a movie or video on such a device?

I'm with you on this, and I like Macs! But, ipod what-not is trash.

Fish! - THE Aristocrat.

In article <130220061940007349%(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
says...
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Rich
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Did anyone really think they were going to get 2 gig of memory AND
> > a top flight colour screen for $250? Morons. Still, Apple shouldn't
> > have promoted the things the way they did.
> > How can anyone watch a movie or video on such a device?

> The $250, 2 gig device with the smallest screen *doesn't* play video.
> The $300, 30-gig one with a larger screen does.
>
> > Apple Computer has been hit with a lawsuit demanding that the Silicon
> > Valley company provide free replacements for scratched screens on its
> > hot-selling, pocket-sized iPod nano music players.

> It's plastic. Plastic scratches. God people are stupid sometimes. If
> you're afraid of scratches, you get a case -- the Nano even COMES with
> a free case, if you care to use it!
>
> I've had mine for four years. It works, and looks fine, because I TAKE
> CARE OF MY PURCHASE. These morons in the lawsuit should consider the
> same if they want it to stay pristine.

You've had a nano case for 4 years huh? You missed the part where Apple
said it was scratch resistant did you?

--

"Cocaine's a hell of a drug" - Rick James

AZ Nomad

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 12:28:40 +1100, Fish! - THE Aristocrat <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In article <130220061940007349%(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)
>says...
>> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Rich
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> > Did anyone really think they were going to get 2 gig of memory AND
>> > a top flight colour screen for $250? Morons. Still, Apple shouldn't
>> > have promoted the things the way they did.
>> > How can anyone watch a movie or video on such a device?

>> The $250, 2 gig device with the smallest screen *doesn't* play video.
>> The $300, 30-gig one with a larger screen does.
>>
>> > Apple Computer has been hit with a lawsuit demanding that the Silicon
>> > Valley company provide free replacements for scratched screens on its
>> > hot-selling, pocket-sized iPod nano music players.

>> It's plastic. Plastic scratches. God people are stupid sometimes. If
>> you're afraid of scratches, you get a case -- the Nano even COMES with
>> a free case, if you care to use it!
>>
>> I've had mine for four years. It works, and looks fine, because I TAKE
>> CARE OF MY PURCHASE. These morons in the lawsuit should consider the
>> same if they want it to stay pristine.
>>

>You've had a nano case for 4 years huh? You missed the part where Apple
>said it was scratch resistant did you?

That's a neat trick considering the nano hasn't been out for a whole year.

beavis

In article <(E-Mail Removed)> , Fish! -
THE Aristocrat. <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> You've had a nano case for 4 years huh?

No, I've had an iPod for four years. The Nano's exterior is the same
plastic and metal materials they've used for years.

> You missed the part where Apple said it was scratch resistant did you?

Apparently I did; I find no mention of it anywhere in their sales
literature or web site. Care to provide a URL?

Stan Brown

Mon, 13 Feb 2006 17:57:28 -0500 from Rich <(E-Mail Removed)>:
> Did anyone really think they were going to get 2 gig of memory AND
> a top flight colour screen for $250? Morons. Still, Apple shouldn't
> have promoted the things the way they did.
> How can anyone watch a movie or video on such a device?

Apparently you're the moron -- you can't even get your rants right

The video iPods come in 30 GB ($299) and 60 GB ($399). I think the
screen's too small for video _or_ photos, but my eyes are over 50
years old. I bought the device for audio and it does that quite well.

The software is sub-optimal for classical music, however. I've done a
fair amount of research and experimentation, resulting in my Web
page, "Taming iTunes for Classical Music" at
http://oakroadsystems.com/genl/itunes.htm -- comments welcome in e-
mail.

http://OakRoadSystems.com/

Biz

Here I thought you would be posting about something important like improving
the wretched sound quality of the iPod, not some stupid crap about poor mp3
tagging for classical music due to not enough descriptive fields....no
wonder hi-res multi-channel music cant make a go of it

"Stan Brown" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) t...
> Mon, 13 Feb 2006 17:57:28 -0500 from Rich <(E-Mail Removed)>:
> > Did anyone really think they were going to get 2 gig of memory AND
> > a top flight colour screen for $250? Morons. Still, Apple shouldn't
> > have promoted the things the way they did.
> > How can anyone watch a movie or video on such a device?

> Apparently you're the moron -- you can't even get your rants right
>
> The video iPods come in 30 GB ($299) and 60 GB ($399). I think the
> screen's too small for video _or_ photos, but my eyes are over 50
> years old. I bought the device for audio and it does that quite well.
>
> The software is sub-optimal for classical music, however. I've done a
> fair amount of research and experimentation, resulting in my Web
> page, "Taming iTunes for Classical Music" at
> http://oakroadsystems.com/genl/itunes.htm -- comments welcome in e-
> mail.

> http://OakRoadSystems.com/
> DVD FAQ: http://dvddemystified.com/dvdfaq.html
> other FAQs: http://oakroadsystems.com/genl/faqget.htm

ivan

Ipod is not so trush as you say.
Maybe it still has some disadvantages
It is so popular now,this is the evidence.
http://www.dvd-ripper-copy.com/