Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > The Netflix SCAM!!

The Netflix SCAM!!

HoMoon115

Netflix now "throttles" their rental ques. Users that are categorized
as high volume users are pushed to the end of ques for individual
movies. Netflix also delays shipping movies to high volume users. For
the so-called 3 at a time "unlimited" program netflix ships only 13
movies per month.

Advertising the service as "unlimited" is misleading and unethical.
Help get this policy changed by voicing your opinion or filing a
complaint.

Call 888-NETFLIX (888-638-3549)
http://www.netflix.com/ContactUs/

READ THE FULL AP Article
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060210/...E0BHNlYwN0bWE-

Derek Janssen

HoMoon115 wrote:

> READ THE FULL AP Article
> http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060210/...E0BHNlYwN0bWE-

And notice how most of the complainers uncannily fall into the
"B-but...they SAID 'Unlimited rentals'!--WHY can't I rent 20 movies a
month, why, why, why??" lockstep.

(Because...you're a greedy self-indulgent idiot who doesn't care about
running the company profits into the ground, that's why?)

Derek Janssen (remember, you treat your companies like you treat your
friends--And if your short attention-span leeches off *them* too, well...)

Zodiac

So the consumer has to figure out what a company means by "unlimited" ?
Maybe they mean slightly unlimited.

"Derek Janssen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> HoMoon115 wrote:
>>
>> READ THE FULL AP Article
>> http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060210/...E0BHNlYwN0bWE-

> And notice how most of the complainers uncannily fall into the
> "B-but...they SAID 'Unlimited rentals'!--WHY can't I rent 20 movies a
> month, why, why, why??" lockstep.
>
> (Because...you're a greedy self-indulgent idiot who doesn't care about
> running the company profits into the ground, that's why?)
>
> Derek Janssen (remember, you treat your companies like you treat your
> friends--And if your short attention-span leeches off *them* too, well...)
> (E-Mail Removed)

none

A new Netflix scam. They sent me a disc with the wrong region code so it
won't play. I thought I seen it all. Cracked discs, lost discs, now it's a
disc from Europe. Just great.

Derek Janssen

Zodiac wrote:

>>>READ THE FULL AP Article
>>>http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060210/...E0BHNlYwN0bWE-

>>And notice how most of the complainers uncannily fall into the
>>"B-but...they SAID 'Unlimited rentals'!--WHY can't I rent 20 movies a
>>month, why, why, why??" lockstep.

> So the consumer has to figure out what a company means by "unlimited" ?
> Maybe they mean slightly unlimited.

Maybe they'll either:
A) remember that the "unlimited" term dates back to the single-rental
days, or
B) that it distinguishes from the bare 2-out plan that only gives you
four movies a month, set.

Much the same theory as when a restaurant advertises "All You Can Eat",
they assume MOST of their traditional customers will interpret it in the
*proper* fashion...

Derek Janssen (ie., not forcibly stuff themselves like bulimic
razorbacks, just because to validate the price)
(E-Mail Removed)

Incremental Jones

"Derek Janssen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..

> And notice how most of the complainers uncannily fall into the
> "B-but...they SAID 'Unlimited rentals'!--WHY can't I rent 20 movies a
> month, why, why, why??" lockstep.
>
> (Because...you're a greedy self-indulgent idiot who doesn't care about
> running the company profits into the ground, that's why?)

The only "lockstep" lemmings are the idiot apologists like you who can't
comprehend honesty in advertising.

wunnuy

Derek Janssen wrote:
> HoMoon115 wrote:
> >
> > READ THE FULL AP Article
> > http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060210/...E0BHNlYwN0bWE-

> And notice how most of the complainers uncannily fall into the
> "B-but...they SAID 'Unlimited rentals'!--WHY can't I rent 20 movies a
> month, why, why, why??" lockstep.
>
> (Because...you're a greedy self-indulgent idiot who doesn't care about
> running the company profits into the ground, that's why?)

What cracks me up is anytime someone points out Netflix's false
advertising, some nimrod always makes the comments like this idiot did.
It's not about not 'getting enough DVDs a month" it's about the company
making a claim you can do one thing and then blantantly and admittedly
not allowing it. If Netflix changed their advertising to "you can get
three a week" or "we hold onto your disk for a couple days if you get a
lot" then there wouldn't be a single comlpaint about throttling anymore
since they would be advertising that's what they do, instead of
advertising one thing and doing the opposite. So take your
self-rightous, holier-than-thou bullshit and sell it someone who gives
a **** about your lame ass opinion.

Bob

On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 11:26:31 +1100, "Zodiac"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>So the consumer has to figure out what a company means by "unlimited" ?
>Maybe they mean slightly unlimited.

Is that like being partially pregnant?

--

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession.
I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first."

Bob

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 19:00:57 -0600, none <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>A new Netflix scam. They sent me a disc with the wrong region code so it
>won't play. I thought I seen it all. Cracked discs, lost discs, now it's a
>disc from Europe. Just great.

Get DVD Shrink or DVD Decrypter.

--

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession.
I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first."
--Ronald Reagan

NFord

"Zodiac" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:43ed2f32$0$10626$(E-Mail Removed) u...
> So the consumer has to figure out what a company means by "unlimited" ? Maybe they mean slightly
> unlimited.
>

> "Derek Janssen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>> HoMoon115 wrote:
>>>
>>> READ THE FULL AP Article
>>> http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060210/...E0BHNlYwN0bWE-

>> And notice how most of the complainers uncannily fall into the "B-but...they SAID 'Unlimited
>> rentals'!--WHY can't I rent 20 movies a month, why, why, why??" lockstep.
>>
>> (Because...you're a greedy self-indulgent idiot who doesn't care about running the company
>> profits into the ground, that's why?)

If customers' getting as many rentals a month as the
mail delivery system allows runs the company's
profits into the ground, all the company had to do
was not advertise that they offer "unlimited" rentals.

How hard could it have been to advertise: "For $xx
you get up to 13 movies a month." instead of lying
about "unlimited" rentals with 1-day delivery?

I have little (make that *no*) sympathy for companies
that lie in their advertising and then cry when people
expect what was advertised.

I have even less sympathy for someone who can't
understand something that basic and, instead, attacks
the victims of the liars.