Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Home VHS <=> DVD Unit: Recommendations?

Home VHS <=> DVD Unit: Recommendations?

Cloy

Any recommendations on such a machine?

A number of them out there, but most seem to die shortly after
purchase!

I'm looking for a reasonably good machine for copying VHS video clips
and
home movies to DVD for archive and for use in teaching.

I had an LG LRY-517 and like the feautres, but it died on me.

Thnx! -c

Neville Denetto

I have a Canopus ADVC110 interface box and it does a fairly good job. The
main problem is that the output is dark. This could be because I have a 16mb
video card.

ND
---------------
"Cloy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Any recommendations on such a machine?
>
> A number of them out there, but most seem to die shortly after
> purchase!
>
> I'm looking for a reasonably good machine for copying VHS video clips
> and
> home movies to DVD for archive and for use in teaching.
>
> I had an LG LRY-517 and like the feautres, but it died on me.
>
> Thnx! -c

GMAN

In article <bEcGf.18704$(E-Mail Removed)>, "Neville Denetto" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>I have a Canopus ADVC110 interface box and it does a fairly good job. The
>main problem is that the output is dark. This could be because I have a 16mb
>video card.

There is a little switch i believe that adjusts the proper black level for the
US NTSC system, it currently comes set default for the japanese NTSC black
level.