Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > which portable DVD players play mpeg4,mpeg2, or Divx?

which portable DVD players play mpeg4,mpeg2, or Divx?

v900y@yahoo.com

Hello,

Can anyone tell me, which portable DVD players play
mpeg4,mpeg2, or Divx from a DVD-R(/w) DVD+R(/w)?

Thanks.

Chris F

On 4 Feb 2006 07:28:39 -0800, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Can anyone tell me, which portable DVD players play
>mpeg4,mpeg2, or Divx from a DVD-R(/w) DVD+R(/w)?
>
>Thanks.

thi isn't on-topic in uk.games.video.handheld.

plus, it's probably easier for you to just go and look at the specs of
some.

some people are just bloody lazy these days!
--

gamertag: Chrisflynnuk
http://live.xbox.com/member/Chrisflynnuk

Lumstorm

(E-Mail Removed) wrote in news:1139066919.613198.187710
@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> Hello,
>
> Can anyone tell me, which portable DVD players play
> mpeg4,mpeg2, or Divx from a DVD-R(/w) DVD+R(/w)?
>
> Thanks.

Well it is offtopic but I just ordered one of these, it maybe what your
looking for.

Lumstorm
--------
Animal Crossing: 4939 8243 4531 David in Tomobiki

Baz

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hello,
>
> Can anyone tell me, which portable DVD players play
> mpeg4,mpeg2, or Divx from a DVD-R(/w) DVD+R(/w)?
>
> Thanks.

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers

Biz

Doesnt anyone ever bother to check direct from horses mouth?

http://www.divx.com/products/hw/browse.php?c=2

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hello,
>
> Can anyone tell me, which portable DVD players play
> mpeg4,mpeg2, or Divx from a DVD-R(/w) DVD+R(/w)?
>
> Thanks.

Sir Chewbury Gubbins

On 2006-02-04, Chris F <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 4 Feb 2006 07:28:39 -0800, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>>Hello,
>>
>>Can anyone tell me, which portable DVD players play
>>mpeg4,mpeg2, or Divx from a DVD-R(/w) DVD+R(/w)?
>>
>>Thanks.

> thi isn't on-topic in uk.games.video.handheld.

I beg to differ. Many commercial DVDs feature little interactive games
as special features. A portable DVD player which can play these is
therefore a handheld.

Choobs

--
Sir Chewbury Gubbins <(E-Mail Removed)>
"Streaming through the starlit sky, travelling by telephone" - Syd Barret 1967

http://www.nelefa.org - Game Diary, Fiction, and Ramblings [ESC]:wq

Chris F

On 5 Feb 2006 10:16:55 GMT, Sir Chewbury Gubbins
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On 2006-02-04, Chris F <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> On 4 Feb 2006 07:28:39 -0800, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>
>>>Hello,
>>>
>>>Can anyone tell me, which portable DVD players play
>>>mpeg4,mpeg2, or Divx from a DVD-R(/w) DVD+R(/w)?
>>>
>>>Thanks.

>> thi isn't on-topic in uk.games.video.handheld.

>I beg to differ. Many commercial DVDs feature little interactive games
>as special features. A portable DVD player which can play these is
>therefore a handheld.
>
>Choobs

well no.

unless you hold it in one hand, and the remote control in the other.

On 2006-02-05, Chris F <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 5 Feb 2006 10:16:55 GMT, Sir Chewbury Gubbins
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> thi isn't on-topic in uk.games.video.handheld.

>>I beg to differ. Many commercial DVDs feature little interactive games
>>as special features. A portable DVD player which can play these is
>>therefore a handheld.
>>
>>Choobs

> well no.
>
> unless you hold it in one hand, and the remote control in the other.

I think you'll find that portable DVD players tend to have a navigation
'd-pad'. So, yes

Choobs

--
Sir Chewbury Gubbins <(E-Mail Removed)>
"Streaming through the starlit sky, travelling by telephone" - Syd Barret 1967

http://www.nelefa.org - Game Diary, Fiction, and Ramblings [ESC]:wq

crosstown

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hello,
>
> Can anyone tell me, which portable DVD players play
> mpeg4,mpeg2, or Divx from a DVD-R(/w) DVD+R(/w)?
>
> Thanks.

I use a philips model 642/37. Any version Philips 642 should do the job.
I also own a KiSS dp 450. When the first became available in the US and was
selling them through my website.
I still recommend the Philips as it is much more dependable. The KiSS is a
bit buggy. I suppose the fact that I was sort of beta testing firmware on it
could have something to do with the problems it developed.
Im sure you will be happy with the simplicity and performance of the Philips
642 ...for $60-$70 US.
If a file doesnt display correctly the first time with the philips just open
the menu with the controler and tab down to exit the menu and it will play
properly 99% of the time. I havent found a valid .avi file yet that it would
not run.

crosstown

Sorry...I overlooked the "handheld" part of the question.
I guess I dont have an answer to that one as I cannot figure out why anyone
would want to try watching video on one of those tiny screens so I never
learned about them.