Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Russ Meyer DVDs and Autobiography - lower prices

Russ Meyer DVDs and Autobiography - lower prices

cowartmisc1@yahoo.com

RM Films has lowered the price of Russ Meyer's DVDs to $24.95 each if
you buy 2. Also, Russ Meyer's 3-volume autobiography is now on sale at
$99.00.

http://www.rmfilms.com

John Cowart

Curtin/Dobbs

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> RM Films has lowered the price of Russ Meyer's DVDs to $24.95 each if
> you buy 2. Also, Russ Meyer's 3-volume autobiography is now on sale at
> $99.00.
>
> http://www.rmfilms.com

Where's his vast catalogue? Not to mention the footage he shot after
"Beneath...UltraVixens?"

Thanks...Curtin/Dobbs

> John Cowart

cowartmisc1@yahoo.com

<<Where's his vast catalogue?>>

Some of the films are available on VHS but not on DVD - they are at the
same web site, on a different page.

Some of the films are not currently available for various reasons -
such as "The Seven Minutes", "Fanny Hill", etc. You can see a list of
all of the films at http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000540

You can sometimes find these films, or bootlegs of them, for sale in
VHS on Ebay.

Many of the early films have simply been lost. Russ made films for the
drive-in theater circuit, and he did not expect that there would be
much of a demand for them after the initial showings, so he did not put
much effort into preserving them. Many of the early negatives are
simply gone.

<<Not to mention the footage he shot after "Beneath...UltraVixens?">>

I'm only aware of 2 sets of footage that he did after Ultravixens.
These were with Pandora Peaks and Melissa Mounds. After he became ill,
the Pandora Peaks film was completed by his associates, and it is
available on DVD and VHS. The Melissa Mounds film was unfortunately
never completed.

He appeared in a couple of "Voluptuous Vixens" videos put out by
Playboy magazine, but I don't think he was involved in producing those.
He also appeared in several documentaries, including one which won an
Emmy award!

John Cowart