Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Play Double layer DVD?

Play Double layer DVD?

R. Dale Shipp

Will the newer double layer DVDs play on a normal DVD player that I
have hooked up to my TV set?

I currently have a regular DVD writer drive that writes DVD-RW disks
at 4.7 gig which is enough for 2+ hours of recording. I use it for
time-shifting TV programs. Wondering whether or not to upgrade to
double layer so that I can get more on each disk.

--
R. Dale Shipp
spam_catcher3 (at) _delete_this_comcast (dot) net

Alpha

"R. Dale Shipp" <dale@_delete_min.net> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) .net...

> Will the newer double layer DVDs play on a normal DVD player that I
> have hooked up to my TV set?
>
> I currently have a regular DVD writer drive that writes DVD-RW disks
> at 4.7 gig which is enough for 2+ hours of recording. I use it for
> time-shifting TV programs. Wondering whether or not to upgrade to
> double layer so that I can get more on each disk.
>
> --
> R. Dale Shipp
> spam_catcher3 (at) _delete_this_comcast (dot) net

Maybe. Statistics show about a 50% compatability rate with double layer to
player.