Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Burning DVD's at 2x versus 4x

Burning DVD's at 2x versus 4x

Jim

Hi Guys:

I'm hoping someone can shed a little light here.

PROBLEM:

When burning DVD's using Nero, I specify the write speed to be 2x.
Even though I do this, the burning process still goes to 4x. Why does
this happen?

Keep in mind the following:

I have two burners, both are LG dvd writers. On LG writer-A, I specify
2x and it burns at 2x no problem.

On LG writer-B, I specify 2x but it still burns at 4x !!

The DVD's are both the same brand, and the LG writers are different
models purchased about a year apart.

Is there a way to force a burn at 2x ???

I burn at 2x because movies that I burn at 4x tend to freeze up on my
Poineer dvd player.

Thanks.

Jim.