Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Toshiba D-4

Toshiba D-4

HipOp

Has there been a cure for the problem of not beaning able to finalize the
DVD-R disks. Its a shame as I liked the unit but it is only a day old , and
now I found out this has been a BIG problem with this unit.
Its odd that after going over several forms, there seems like all brands of
DVD recorders have some kind of bug in them. Any ideas on what brand works
out of the box.

HipOp

I meant a D-R4

"HipOp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Has there been a cure for the problem of not beaning able to finalize
> the DVD-R disks. Its a shame as I liked the unit but it is only a day old
> , and now I found out this has been a BIG problem with this unit.
> Its odd that after going over several forms, there seems like all brands
> of DVD recorders have some kind of bug in them. Any ideas on what brand
> works out of the box.

"HipOp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Has there been a cure for the problem of not beaning able to finalize
> the DVD-R disks. Its a shame as I liked the unit but it is only a day old
> , and now I found out this has been a BIG problem with this unit.
> Its odd that after going over several forms, there seems like all brands
> of DVD recorders have some kind of bug in them. Any ideas on what brand
> works out of the box.

The Ilo DVD recorder I bought from Wal-Mart (DVDR05) worked perfectly, right
out of the box. It finalizes all discs that require finalizing. The
resulting finalized discs play on every DVD player they've been inserted
into.

Norm Strong

HipOp

Thanks

jlwsecure-google@yahoo.com

> "HipOp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> > Has there been a cure for the problem of not beaning able to finalize
> > the DVD-R disks. Its a shame as I liked the unit but it is only a day old
> > , and now I found out this has been a BIG problem with this unit.
> > Its odd that after going over several forms, there seems like all brands
> > of DVD recorders have some kind of bug in them. Any ideas on what brand
> > works out of the box.

> The Ilo DVD recorder I bought from Wal-Mart (DVDR05) worked perfectly, right
> out of the box. It finalizes all discs that require finalizing. The
> resulting finalized discs play on every DVD player they've been inserted
> into.

My DVDR05 works great too. Unfortunately, I got the DVDR05MU, and had
cruddy audio when recording programs with a lot of music. I switched
it out with a DVDR05MU1, and am totally happy. Supposeldy the MU1 has
all the bugs squashed, unless someone has discovered more.

DVD recorders are tempermental. They all don't like certain media. In
most cases, they need to build up their write calibration data
databases to "learn" certain media.