Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Adventures of Baron Munchausen

Adventures of Baron Munchausen

shinner

Any chance this one is going to get a re-release?

Was looking to buy it and noticed it only has Dolby Digital 2.0
sound...surprised Gilliam wouldn't want better. Can get it for less than
$10 so it's not a huge deal, just figured I'd wait if anyone knew of a
update in the works.

Jay G.

On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 13:40:34 GMT, shinner wrote:

> Was looking to buy it and noticed it only has Dolby Digital 2.0
> sound...

It's 2-channel surround, which means there's a 3rd surround channel
matrixed in. Dolby Pro Logic II will convert it to 5.1

>...surprised Gilliam wouldn't want better.

What Gilliam wants has nothing to do with what happens to the film.
Gilliam would actually like to go back and recut the film, but nobody wants
to fork over the dough for that to happen.

> Can get it for less than
> $10 so it's not a huge deal, just figured I'd wait if anyone knew of a
> update in the works.

Nothing is in the works, as far as anyone knows.

-Jay

shinner

"Jay G." <"Jay "@tmbg.org> wrote in
news:17cj05awku0lg$.ffyw0l075q8j$(E-Mail Removed):

> It's 2-channel surround, which means there's a 3rd surround channel
> matrixed in. Dolby Pro Logic II will convert it to 5.1

Gotcha!

> Gilliam would actually like to go back and recut the film, but nobody
> wants to fork over the dough for that to happen.

Just thought that maybe he had a little weight behind him and could throw
it around.

> Nothing is in the works, as far as anyone knows.

Thanks for the info