Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Proof Most Customers Do NOT Want Blu-Ray/HD DVD!

Proof Most Customers Do NOT Want Blu-Ray/HD DVD!

Black Locust

Came across this at imdb.com. Especially take notice of the fact that
only a measily 6.1% of the voters actually care about better picture
quality! *laughs*

Would you replace your DVD of a title if a High Definition (HD) DVD
version came out?

Votes

No, I don't see the need
7254(51.0%)

No, I'm gonna wait 'til they decide on the format to use
3417(24.0%)

Yes, if the price was right
1577(11.1%)

Yes, if there were more special features
1099(7.7%)

Yes, if the picture was better
873(6.1%)

A total of 14220 votes were collected.

Sorry Allan..

Bill Vermillion

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Black
Locust <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Came across this at imdb.com. Especially take notice of the fact
>that only a measily 6.1% of the voters actually care about better
>picture quality! *laughs*

>Would you replace your DVD of a title if a High Definition (HD) DVD
>version came out?

>Votes

>No, I don't see the need
>7254(51.0%)

And the question itself sort of skews the outcome does it not?

Shouldn't it be more like this:
When a new movie is released on both DVD and HD which would you
buy?

Second question would be along the lines of why, and the 3rd
about cost.

--
Bill Vermillion - bv @ wjv . com